Author Topic: 1 year on...  (Read 5427 times)

Offline dab84

• Posting Member
...It's been a while since I posted in this forum. I had my surgery (with Dr Delgado) exactly 1 year ago.

At first I was not thrilled with my results. I was looking at my chest about 20 times a day, at every possible angle. It was a nightmare!!

I decided to stop myself doing that and just let nature take its course. I started running and hitting the gym. I think only in the past 2 months I've probably seen my end result. It took an absolute age for the swelling to totally heal and for me to get normal coloring back to my chest!

I would say to anyone, just be patient. It's easier said than done, as I wasn't at all. But do try.  :)

Anyway...below are my pictures. First is pre-surgery, then 2 weeks post-surgery and finally one from today!

I'm very pleased with my results...surgery has changed my life and given me new found confidence.  :)

Pre-Surgery

2 Weeks Post-Surgery

One Year Post-Surgery

Offline gyne1987

• Posting Member
Looking good, Dab...big difference!

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Look's great -- you also lost some weight in the process, which certainly helps the definition!

Enjoy it!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline s00ntobe

• Silver Member
im planning to go to delgado as well, going to try to keep losing some weight, if it doesn't workout i'm going to him!

Offline dab84

• Posting Member
Thanks for the comments. Yes, Dr Jacobs, managed to lose 28 pounds since surgery. I defintely feel it's given me some bolster of confidence to get fit!

s00ntobe - I couldn't recommend Delgado enough. Very nice guy who is extremely knowledgeable and also has lovely support staff. I had a great experience.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Congrats on your surgery and on your final results.

For those members of the forum, I think that this illustrates what I have often seen:  gyne surgery can be an impetus to further health and body improvement. The added self-confidence and self-esteem are helpful in promoting a more healthy lifestyle, losing weight, working out, etc. The end result is a terrific physique of which the gyne surgery was only the start.

Dr Jacobs

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024