Author Topic: Mixed opinions?  (Read 6260 times)

Offline Robin_G

• Bronze Member
Hi folks

I found this board earlier in the summer and went for a consultation with Mr Levick

I see its all mainly new users since I read in the summer, so that must be a good sign of sorts

Anyway I couldn't follow the consultaion up with an op at that point as I run my own little company and couldn't afford the time off as I had no-one to cover me

I'm now in a position to go for it early in the New Year though and just thought I'd drop by here again

I can't help noticing that out of the most recent batch of folk on here that took the plunge, there are differences of opinion as to how happy you are

Bottom line is........given the choice again would you all still have it done?

Particularly keen to hear from any levick patients, but interested in all your thoughts and experiences

Cheers

Robin G

Offline bohemian2

• Posting Member
  • gyne removed by Levick 2/11/05
mmm..think a lot of people have answered this very question quite a few times via this forum. But here we go again.

Operation was life changing for me.  Results are not perfect, but I expect a steady improvement over the next year.  it just means that I don't feel like some sort of freak anymore.  I can take my shirt off without shame, embarrassment.  It really does alter my own perception of myself for the better.

I would say that it's worth all the money I saved to get the operation done.  I'm not a big earner, I had to scrimp and save to get the 3665 together but I would do it all over again.

Paul

Offline RRB

• Gold Member
  • I am here to help
^^^^  exactly what he said
Surgery performed by Mr Paul Levick, 17/02/05. I am here to help.

Offline Robin_G

• Bronze Member
Thanks guys

I realise its probably a common question but I guess I was just after some last minute reassurance as I plan to book the op tomorrow

As you say its a lot of money and a bit of an undertaking, so I'd hate to do it only to then be faced with a fresh set of problems and still not be happy

I guess I was just prompted to ask as I read the thread  with a few of you regular posters on, who all seemed to have the op on the same day, and all seemed to have issues of some sort....if you read it all in one go it raises a lot of doubts which is why I just wanted to throw a straight question in

I've lived with this thing for too long though and I reckon its now or never

Here goes  :)

Offline bohemian2

• Posting Member
  • gyne removed by Levick 2/11/05
you are doing the right thing Robin! good luck!

Paul

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
Hello Robin_G

I have my surgery booked with Mr Levick on January 20th.  I know what you mean about the guys that had the surgery recently.  But I think I have done my research well and decided to use the best guy there is in the UK.

No single surgeon can guarantee 'perfect' results and as long as your personal expectations are well managed, then that is the best you can hope for.  If  results fall short of yours and the surgeons expectations, then there is scope for more talk.

Best wishes.

PS  We might be the next batch of Levick patients to compare notes with ;)

Offline chestrockwell

• Silver Member
Hi Robin G good to hear from you.

I am glad i had my op with levick but the only thing i am not happy with is myself!, not in the way of aperance or anything like that, its realy because i didnt realy know what to expect after surgery as i didnt ask enough questions about recovery and so on, i didnt even realise that scar tissue was going to be as bad as it first was, and i wasnt expecting the healing process to take as long as it does!, so you keep on asking your questions mate and learn as much as you possibley can, there will always be someone on hear that will offer you help and advice, i was fairly lucky because i had my op on the same day as a couple of other guys on here, they also asked questions that i also wanted answers to, so in the end we just pm'ed each other and i believe geg100 started our own thread up of our expierence.

Keep asking those questions mate ;)

Chris.

Offline Robin_G

• Bronze Member
Thanks for the last minute reassurances guys

Well, I'm booked in for the end of January so the countdown begins

I'll be glad I can get the Xmas and New year partying out of the way before going through this

Not a bad time of the year to have to give up booze I suppose

When I think about it now, I veer from fear about the op, to then a buzz of excitement that I might be about to finally get this thing sorted. Had almost reached the point where I'd accepted it (in a bad way), and all the stupid rituals and avoidance techniques (I 've recognised many mentioned on here) that go with it

You're right as well Chris, I reckon I will have a million and one questions, particularly about recovery

Mr Levick was at least honest enough to tell me that as I'm really fair skinned to expect maximum bruising. I guess if thats as bad as it gets it will be a small price to pay though

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
Best of luck Robin_G.  See you on 'the other side'.

Offline Robin_G

• Bronze Member
Cheers phantom, same to you, especially as you're up first mate

Gonna try not to think about it too much over xmas...although I know I will

I know you shouldn't wish even a day of your life away, but I can't wait until this is done, now I've made the decision to go for it

Knowing me the build up will be worse than the actual op as I'll mentally run myself ragged worrying about it

It is reassuring to read about the experiences of people on here, and particuarly see the post-op pics.......even those who are actually saying they're still not totally happy, as they still look like chests you wouldn't give a second glance to in terms of they're being anything wrong, which woud do me

I suppose you view it differently once its done though

Offline webster

• Silver Member
Robin, U know your pre-op thoughts are the toughest challenge to this thing. I was mental the days b4!

All I could think of in the pre-op room was 'get fckin on with the gas, guys, or my legs are going to be running me down the hall and outta the front door'. Just managed to stay still long enough for hem to put me out - then easy.

I don't remember almost anybody who went with Levick, post that they would rather have their pre-op t*ts back. Keep focussed on that!

Have a good xmas.  Webster.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2005, 10:35:12 AM by webster »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024