Author Topic: Booked Consult - what do I need to know & ask  (Read 3816 times)

Offline hatfield

• Posting Member
Hi,

I booked a consultation with Dr. Fielding in Toronto on Monday. From everything I've read here, he seems to be very good - is there anything I need to be concerned about with him?

What should I ask him, etc? I will likely wait a few months so I can save up a bit more money, but I likely will go ahead with the surgery as long as Dr. Fielding seems to be ok.

Any advice would be great! thanks

Offline GynosaurusRex

• Posting Member
I would read up on this forum. Develop questions from your review - particularly topics that mentioned "Dr. Fielding". Also I would ask him to confirm what you have read on here.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
No need to ask a lot of questions of JCF. He is well known on this site and has a good reputation.

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline hatfield

• Posting Member
had a good consult with him. I have booked the surgery for June 3rd. thanks for all the help!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Offline Merangue

• Silver Member
Gratz dude!

I was actually in his office this past monday for a consultation as well. Not sure if we ran into each other, the other people in the office didn't seem like they had gyne issues (I was there from like 4:00pm-6pm).

Offline hatfield

• Posting Member
thanks!

Merangue, i was the last appointment of the day so I probably saw you there. I actually thought the same thing, that the other guys in there didn't look like they had gyne. I guess we all learn to diguise it!

Offline Merangue

• Silver Member
I was the south asian guy wearing a gray hoodie. Which one were you? I remember an asian guy, south asian and a black guy when I left.

Offline hatfield

• Posting Member
i was the white guy lol. I had black shorts and a tshirt (button up of course!) and a shoulder bag. I remember an asian guy, and two south Asians - were you the one who had the coat on? Leslie told you about a hotel ?  I remember thinking he must be so uncomfortable with all those layers since it was a warm day.

Offline Merangue

• Silver Member
Heh, yea I did have a coat (gray). It was cold in Vancouver when I left  plus it let me hide the $2000 in mainly 20s I was carrying around  ;D.

I actually wasn't wearing it most of the time in Toronto. It was hot and really windy (I could barely walk straight at the airport).

Leslie did mention a hotel, she pointed out the window asking if I could see it and I was thinking wtf I just see two tall buildings... but I nodded anyway.

I think I remember a white guy with a girl when I walked in. I'm not sure though it's killing me trying to think of which one you were lol.

where were you sitting? The asian guy and the south asian (in an orange shirt) were infront of the window. The black guy was sitting next to the wall adjacent to the hall. And the white guy (although I'm not sure he was white) with the girl was next to Leslie's desk.

Offline Merangue

• Silver Member
Oh yea and regarding the thread topic... I was in the same boat trying to think of questions to ask him. The whole time I waited in the office I was surfing this site on my Iphone trying to find a list of good questions to ask.

I didn't find any lol. I walked out asking only: Can I see what the vest looks like (he showed me a sample). He was pretty good in explaining most thing, plus I figure I know most of it already from obsessively skimming this forum.

The one thing I really hated about his office was I could hear him and the patient he was with talking while I was in the waiting room. So when I got in there I talked to him really low, it was kinda weird  ;D.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

The one thing I really hated about his office was I could hear him and the patient he was with talking while I was in the waiting room.

That's not good...  >:(

So much for doctor/patient confidentiality huh?

GB...

Offline hatfield

• Posting Member
Ok I remember you. I was sitting against the window when she pointed the hotel to you. I was by myself. I was the oldest one there (I'm almost 27)  and everyone else looked like 20 ish. I wish I had done it back then too. :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024