Author Topic: Loose skin gynecomastia: how much would surgery cost?  (Read 2286 times)

Offline Deviant

• Posting Member
Finally ready to consider saving for surgery. How much would such a case set me back? I'm guessing about $7k-$10k.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
You have large, asymmetric, pendulous breasts which are probably due to significant weight loss.  More than likely, the standard minimal scar surgery would not be useful for you.  You would need a procedure which would remove the excess tissue, remove the excess skin and elevate and reduce the size of your areolas.

This is a larger, longer and more major operation -- it is akin to a double mastectomy for a woman with cancer.

If you go to my website (captioned below), view the photo gallery under body builders and check out patient #2.  This will illustrate what I would envision for you.

Best advice:  get an opinion from a gyne expert in your area or consider traveling for such expertise.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
Dr. Jacobs is right - you'll need removal of all of the excess skin and breast tissue, with grafting of your nipple areaolas to your chest wall (much like a skin graft is done). There is more visible scarring with this procedure, with a fairly long scar in the natural "inframammary fold". No one wants a visible scar on the chest, but they do fade over time, and placement in that natural fold helps camouflage them somewhat.
Best of luck-
Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024