Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 2483 times)

Offline dallasguy12

• Bronze Member
  • Liason
Hey everyone.

It’s nice to know I’ve found a community of guys who are going through the same thing I am. I’m a 17 year old male who has a mild case of gynecomastia and have had for 6 years since the onset of puberty. I have a few questions about possible alternatives to surgery for treating gynecomastia. I know there are a multitude of reasons for the condition including puberty, steroid abuse, obesity, tumors, aging, liver disease, and genetic disorders so I understand there isn’t a cure-all. I can rule out drug abuse, age, liver disease (I hope), tumors and obesity but I think genetic disorders and hormonal imbalances sound like good candidates. I weigh 160lbs. I have a bit of flab but nothing serious and I’m positive my weight isn’t the culprit here. I’ve heard mention of Flax seed oil being able to reverse the effects of gynecomastia. Has anyone had any experience with this? I have some Flax seed oil here at home and just yesterday I started taking 2tblespns a day. I’ve also heard of transdermal treatments such as Andractim (a testosterone gel), being an effective alternative to surgery. Can anyone confirm this? I feel that in order for me to effectively treat this condition without using surgery as a remedy, I need to determine the root of the issue. Has anyone undergone a full pathology investigation? Is seeing my family doctor enough? I would assume he can run some tests to measure hormones, etc.

Has anyone had any success with anything topical? I’m open to surgery but at this time I don’t have money to spend on it. Can anyone spot me a few grand?  ;D

It’s nice to be posting here. Maybe someday I’ll be posting a surgery success story like some of the rest of you.

Offline Blitz

• Gold Member
  • Thank you Fielding
Hey Stoavia,

First off, it's safe to assume you are a male because this problem only effects men.

When I tried to rid myself of gyne, I investigated  the cheaper, topical and thus non-effective methods.  Not once did I find concrete evidence that any ointment or cream can cure this problem.  Then I tried working out.  I got into great shape but the gyne remained.  Every guy here will tell you that you can't get rid of gyne by working out.  One of the first questions my gyne doctor asked me when I met him for the first time was whether I worked out or not.  He said, you can't get rid this by working out.  

My next move if I were you would post where you're from.  When the guys on here see it, they'll recommend a plastic surgeon in your area.  If you live in no where land, expect to travel.  

Don't get down about this either because as you now know, a lot of guys suffer from this and thankfully, there is a solution.  I didn't have the money either but I manage to find it somehow (credit card) and I would recommend anyone to go into debt to get rid of their gyne.  For those of you who are happy with it, the more power to you.  Good luck.  

Offline dallasguy12

• Bronze Member
  • Liason
Blitz,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I have heard that working out can lessen the obviousness of gyne if the gyne is pseudo and not genuine however I am aware that working out will not entirely rid me of it.

Right now I'm concerned with getting my parents to believe, like I do, that this is something serious. Luckily I'm a good looking and likeable person and am not lacking in confidence so I won't tell you my case is as severe as some of the other men's on here, because it isn't. However, as we all know, gyne is at times quite embarrassing and it prevents us from dressing the way we'd like to. I take pride in my self image but gyne makes it so I'm unable to wear only one t-shirt or at times even multiple shirts. My nipples are about a half inch in length and they're extremely puffy and to make matters worse, they’re pink. I'm also lucky to have a girlfriend that isn't shallow so this isn't an issue in my romance life. The gyne is an issue with me because it makes me feel inhibited when I shouldn't have to. In situations that require me to be shirtless or only wearing one t-shirt I feel very vulnerable and self-conscious. I’m still young and I’d like to be able to enjoy life while I still can. Enjoying life to me means that I can peal my shirt off at the beach, in front of strangers at social gathers like pool parties, and during times of intimacy with girls without having a giant wave of embarrassment sweep over me and capsize my self concept.

You guys all know how it is. It’s nice to find a place where I can start getting this off my chest (pun intended lol).

Again, if anyone has had any success with the transdermal treatments please share your experiences here. I also welcome the educated opinions of the doctors on here so long as I don’t feel you’re just trying to drum up business by reproaching anything that isn't surgery.

Kind Regards,

« Last Edit: July 18, 2005, 01:15:18 PM by stoavio »

Offline dallasguy12

• Bronze Member
  • Liason
After some more serious thought, I decided to write a short article. If you're interested in reading it you may do so here:

http://www.gynecomastia.org/cgi-bin/gyne_yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=1;action=display;num=1121740915

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024