Author Topic: Gaining a fair bit o'weight (fat) post-op?  (Read 3275 times)

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
Hey guys
had surgery about 4.5 months ago, and since then (due to op recovery, sports injury, winter weather and the flu) have exercised - even moved - very little and eaten as I always did, suffice to say Ive lost a lot of muscle and gained much body fat.

I am still considered healthy/normal/light-weight by society but Im overweight for my normal shape,frame,bodyfat composition.

My chest - obviously - like the rest of me has also gained extra fat in the last few months post-op.

Im just wondering if, in the next 5 months leading up to christmas, if I make an effort to get moving and get back into shape , will my chest lose the weight equally with the rest of me (going back to its flatness immediately post-op), or will the chest fat reduce slower than the abdomen,etc fat thus leading to a situation where the chest will be slightly more fatty than the rest?

what do you guys think? Have I wrecked the benefits of my op from 4 or so months ago, or can I get my chest back into shape in equal proportion to my abdomen,flanks,etc?

Im appealing to the work-out gym fanatics and other post-oppers here for your own honest opinions?

cheers,
Tony
« Last Edit: August 05, 2006, 04:45:15 AM by tonysoprano »
... and the saga continues

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member
Hello Tony. From the sounds of it you haven't gained that much. Not everyone can stick to an exercise regime for ever. People have commitments /setbacks etc. Look at the england football team, bunch of fatties, lampard anyone??  ;D. Besides a break at times can be pretty good.

I wouldn't stress too much , you had the op , I can't remember what you had done , but if you needed excision and you don't have any hormone issues then I can't see the gyne coming back like before. That being said people put on weight in different areas to a certain extent. I always know when I have let myself go as I get a beergut. Likewize with some people it goes to the chest, arse etc. It can't be helped but that doesn't mean  you can't get back to the gym etc and get it off. I have to exercise extra hard to get my gut off but it goes. I have done this several times over the years.

Iam sure your chest will reduce like the rest of you. And if another area goes a bit quicker than your chest don't panic just keep it up.  

« Last Edit: August 05, 2006, 06:51:56 AM by Worrier »

Offline jones357

• Silver Member
I think the purpose of surgeries like these is to change the contour of your body.  So, before the surgery, guys like you and me could tone up, but the concentration of fat and gland in the chest area would still stick out. and make our contour unnatural  A lot of people say exercise doesn't help gyne.  That is true, because the contour of your chest wouldn't change, when you lost weight. Now that your contour has been corrected, even if you get fat, theoretically, the boob like contour should not return. At least that is what I tell myself.  I am in the same boat as you.  I did a lot of running, and then just stopped all together for 1 month. I am just now getting back on track.  I weigh what i weighted pre op, but since I know the PS sucked a lot out of me, I am actually heavier in my oppinion.  I am getting back into it and added weight trining in to get the most out of my chest.  I am sure both of us will boounce back. This time, you should be happier with the results than you were pre op.

Offline Eric Robertson

• Bronze Member
  • It's time to spread the word about Gynecomastia
I believe it should go away also.  The breast tissue was removed, so you have no worries about having that ever coming back again.  Just lose weight and lift weights.  I'm pretty sure you'll have a flat chest again. ;D

-Oleska-
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 05:28:43 PM by Oleska »
Surgery Date: 6/06/06
Surgeon: Dr. Elliot Jacobs M.D., F.A.C.S., F.I.C.S., P.C.
Procedure: Liposuction and incision under the nipple.
Cost: $6,500
Discovery Health: Plastic Surgery Before and After I was featured in: http://www.gynecomastianewyork.com/teen_dhc_video1.html

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
Thanks for the support fellas.
The main problem is that Im fairly skinny and seem to have very thin bones too.
Compared to my abdomen , my chest is  larger but I cant exactly afford to lose too much more weight all round, and since chest is likely to be the last location that fat will go from, it does leave quite a dilemma.
T.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024