Author Topic: canadian health care  (Read 4337 times)

Offline bennj51189

• Bronze Member
I have heard of many cases of canadian health care covering the surgery costs, or most of it anyways. Does anyone know if I am an american citizen but will be going to mcgill university next spring which is in canada and will pay to receive canadian health care ..will they pay for the surgery? thanks for all your help

Offline bennj51189

• Bronze Member
I have heard of many cases of canadian health care covering the surgery costs, or most of it anyways. Does anyone know if I am an american citizen but will be going to mcgill university next spring which is in canada and will pay to receive canadian health care ..will they pay for the surgery? thanks for all your help

really no comments?

Offline greatdane

• Posting Member
I live in Canada and will be going for surgery within the next two months. I still have to pay for the lipo which will be about $1800 dollars and the other costs are picked up by our government medicare. I'm also an insurance broker and can tell you that unless you're paying an enormous amount for insurance there's no way any company is going to pick up the extra cost.

Offline bennj51189

• Bronze Member
I live in Canada and will be going for surgery within the next two months. I still have to pay for the lipo which will be about $1800 dollars and the other costs are picked up by our government medicare. I'm also an insurance broker and can tell you that unless you're paying an enormous amount for insurance there's no way any company is going to pick up the extra cost.

is 680 dollars an enormous amount?

Offline willy27

• Bronze Member
well if the surgery is done in a public hospital much of the costs will be taken cared of.

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
residents of the province of Quebec dont get the same coverage as the other provinces. where most people were quoted 1000$ or even 1500$ i got a quote for 2700$ because the province of Quebec doesnt cover the surgery. they do cover hospital costs though.

so if people who actually live in Quebec dont get the coverage, i would be very surprised if an american citizen got it. unless you are paying for a personnal private insurance which usually dont cover this type of surgery because most companies consider it to be cosmetic.

you would have to prove that it actually is medical which is VERY hard to do (from what i heard)...

good luck buddy!
surgery did not work...:-(
Dr. Fielding (TO - Ontario : 416.766.8890) on august 9th, 2006 and revision on september 21st, 2007

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024