Author Topic: Going for my consult with plastic surgeon tomorrow  (Read 1700 times)

Monkey83

If anyone can give me some questions I should ask it would be appreciated. I need excision and lipo.

Offline Glad2findU

• Bronze Member
Where and how big will the incisions be made. Ask about whether you are given a compression vest after surgery. How long before surgery you can eat. I would walk out if he/she says you don't need a compression vest. I think a small incision at the lower part of the nipple is best to remove the gland. I had an incision for lipo between my lower chest and armpit but don't know if that is ideal.

Offline vc2928

• Posting Member

am i a good candidate for surgery?
lipo only or excision?
how many incisions on each side?
what is the recovery period like? how long before i can do sports and work out?
what are drains and will you put them on?
before and after pics.
is it possible to talk to someone who you have operated on?
can there be regrowth?
what type of anesthesia?
how long does the swelling stick around?
Approx. how many of these have you done or do per year?
have you had to do any major corrections? if required what is the protocol for these?
when is the follow up and how many? are they included in the price for the surgery?
does your office supply the compression garment? how long do i have to wear it for?
what is scar tissue? can i develop it?

Monkey83

Looks like I am a good candidate, and the plastic surgeon's technique is fairly advanced. The plastic surgeon I was referred to is the head of the plastic surgery department of the best university in my area of the country. The only thing is, I have to lose weight. No biggie, was doing that anyway, but this extends the process for a couple more months. Thanks for the questions bros.

Offline Xavier

• Bronze Member
vc2928's list is good.

Having a 2nd consult as well in 10 days. Gonna finally book the surgery as insurance won't cover it. Be sure to write down as many questions as you can on your phone or something because you can easily forget them.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024