Author Topic: Ways to minimize back pain from sleeping on your back?  (Read 3739 times)

Offline JJ79

• Posting Member
Hey there, maybe it's me that this sleeping on my back hurts so bad, I am not used to it! Last night I went to bed at around 11.30 pm and got up this morning at 5 am coz my back was aching...does anyone know a way to minimize back pain sleeping on your back? Please any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!!

Offline m9taylor

• Posting Member
I know it sucks now- definately did for me. The only thing I can think of is scheduling a wake up mid-night to pop another t3 to help you sleep. Otherwise, I can assure you that the back pain subsides after a few days.

Hope all goes well!

- Mike -

Offline jackson318

• Posting Member
How firm is your mattress?  Maybe sleeping somewhere else for a while would help?

I have a pillow-top since I'm normally a stomach sleeper, but I think back sleepers do better on a firmer surface.  I was thinking of seeing if I slept better on the much firmer futon couch in the living room.

Offline David22

• Posting Member
Try a variety of arrangements with a bunch of small pillows.  It took me a while to find a comfortable setup, but once I found it, I slept for 10 hours straight.  Do you have drains?  The hardest part for me was to avoid putting pressure on the drain sites.  I was also worried about  inadvertently rolling to my side (like I normally sleep) in the middle of the night.

~David

Offline JJ79

• Posting Member
Seems like my internal biological clock is set at 5 am :) ...I am gradually getting used to sleeping on my back....but this so f.... annoying though!. Have tried to sleep slghtly on my side and putting some blanket/towel on the side I am leaning my body to support my back and minimize the pain, we'll see :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024