Author Topic: Surgery story - Dr Nonneman - Montreal  (Read 4849 times)

Offline zico

I had surgery on December 12th, 2008. Here's my story.

I'm 32 and relatively in good shape. I decided to have surgery to be able to enjoy the beach and the pool with my kids.

I didn't knew about this forum until one week before the surgery. So I didn't have that much information. I was directed to Dr Nonnenman by my family doctor' secretary because he left his business card there. So I didn't shop around that much.

Dr Nonnenman is a plastic surgeon located in St-Lambert on the south shore of Montréal. I don't know if he does a lot of gynecomastia surgery every year. But he did seem to know the procedure quite well. People in his office were there for breast enhancement/reduction, carpal tunnel and skin tumour. Once I did the blood tests I could have had the surgery in less than 2 weeks (I decided to wait until the end of year). The surgery was 2700$ (aprox. 900$ for the hospital bed, 450$ for the anaesthesia and 1200$ for him).

The surgery went well. My only complain was that he didn't came see me after the surgery to check if everything was ok and the tell me that the operation went well. But so far I had 3 follow-up exams and another one planed in January (all included in the package).

I had drains for 4 days, but no compression vest.

So far I'm happy with the results. Although I have a crater in my left nipple and I still have a big nipples. My gynecosmastia was really big. I do not know if another surgeon could have done better result. Dr Nonneman also told me that if he remove too much, a crater can occur. If I go from 95% people starring to 5% people starring at me then I'm ok. :)

Some pics.
Before:

After:

(The crater is on my left nipple. I have mirrored the photo so that the Before - After pictures can match)

Note: the red skin in the 'After' photos are because of my camera and not because of the surgery :)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 09:42:08 AM by zico »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Did Dr. Monneman do any Lipo?

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline zico

I don't know if Dr Nonnenman does lipo...

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
It's evident from your photos that he didn't do any lipo. You may want to consider getting some lipo done at a later date dude...

GB

Offline rage.against.the.machine

• Bronze Member
wait another month or two for all of the swelling and such to heal before you do anything surgery-wise bro, other then that, congrats on a huge difference because of surgery :P

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024