Author Topic: Gynecomastia can be passed down through family.  (Read 4673 times)

Offline rage.against.the.machine

• Bronze Member
Right?

It would seem logical as my Dad has it and my brother had it and then it went away on its own.  Obviously, I had it and had a surgery for it a couple of months ago.

But my real question to you is, have you ever thought about not having kids when you are older, because of the pain they would have to go through if/when they got gyne? 

Now I know someone will come in and say "That is no reason not to have kids, you should have kids because you want to blah blah..."  THAT is why I said "have you ever thought of not having kids", because I have thought about it before.

I personally do not know.

Offline tapingthemdown

• Posting Member
Funny , I used to be extremely worried about that...and was relieved when I had a baby girl. Now I have to worry and hope she doesn't get any bad traits from her mother or my mother (Mental illness /Cancer).
But I guess bringing ANY child in this world will give you cause to worry about something.

Offline mrpower33

• Silver Member
haha...agreed.  Seriously man, of all the other defects your potential children could have, you had better hope that this is all there is.  Honestly, it's fixable, and you focus on other things in the mean time, you can get through it. 

Offline mrpower33

• Silver Member
BTW man, I've seen your pics, it looks like you just had the puffies, like me.  Compared to some of the other folks here with B cups and C cups, we really don't have a right to be griping you know?  I mean, I agree that is sucks, but there are people out there with MUCH bigger problems than puffy nipples, which you can easily hide. 

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
I don't know, maybe the genetics of gyno isn't clear cut - it may skip a few generations randomly.

My dad doesn't have it, my brother doesn't have it, and no one I know in my family has it - unless they're good at hiding it, which is possible (because God knows I was).

As for kids, personally I choose not to have them - at least not until I'm about 40. I don't mean to sound like an ass, but I believe having kids at a young age can ruin your life - financially and emotionally. I would rather focus on building my own happiness, not being tied down, and keeping my personal power to be free in every sense.
Surgery completed. Mission accomplished!
2/6/09. Dr. Karidis, UK.

• Bronze Member
BTW man, I've seen your pics, it looks like you just had the puffies, like me.  Compared to some of the other folks here with B cups and C cups, we really don't have a right to be griping you know?  I mean, I agree that is sucks, but there are people out there with MUCH bigger problems than puffy nipples, which you can easily hide. 
Lmao, don't make this about me.  And plus, who is to say my son wouldn't get large breasts?

Offline pr0digy

• Posting Member
Better to make your mark on the world than become extinct.......
Had gyno for the best part of 8 (awful) years
Surgery on Monday 20th July. Never felt so happy in my life!

Offline superduty

• Posting Member
My dad does not have it.  However, I and my 2 brothers do have it.  My 12 yr old son has developed some bad ones.....hopefully they will go away.  Somehow he is still kind of clueless to it, he is going to sleep away camp this summer and I have a feeling he might "discover" it this summer.  Sucks to be him - I feel very bad for him, b/c I know exactly what he will go through.  It never crossed my mind to not have kids b/c of this.  I always hoped they wouldnt have this problem, but at least one does so far.  The one thing I will do, is pay for their surgery at the earliest age possible.

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
The one thing I will do, is pay for their surgery at the earliest age possible.

Great dad...
If you have gyne, dont expect not be laughed at.

Just like if you walk into a locker room, you're gonna see some hairy asses and dicks.

Unfortunately for me, both have occured in my life way too many times.

• Bronze Member
My dad does not have it.  However, I and my 2 brothers do have it.  My 12 yr old son has developed some bad ones.....hopefully they will go away.  Somehow he is still kind of clueless to it, he is going to sleep away camp this summer and I have a feeling he might "discover" it this summer.  Sucks to be him - I feel very bad for him, b/c I know exactly what he will go through.  It never crossed my mind to not have kids b/c of this.  I always hoped they wouldnt have this problem, but at least one does so far.  The one thing I will do, is pay for their surgery at the earliest age possible.
It really sucks how developed countries of the world don't offer this surgery for free.  Luckily I was covered because I was under 18 (but only for gland removal).

Offline Plarkin

• Bronze Member
The one thing I will do, is pay for their surgery at the earliest age possible.

Great dad...

Ditto. Great Dad. Feel proud of yourself, dude. You're one in 100 or maybe 10. Still ... Take control. Discuss it with them like any other medical issue. Don't go into denial or embarrassment mode like they might.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
It was common in my family, but I was unaware because of the fact that it was kept well hidden. So I thought I was alone.

The revelation that it was common in the family was not a consideration when it came to raising a family. I have 8 children, 4 sons and 4 daughters. All my sons have it to some degree. Unlike my fathers' generation, my brothers and I were quite open about it so it was not a big deal for my sons or nephews.

Grandpa Dan

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
I have 8 children, 4 sons and 4 daughters.

Sir, a vagina is not a clown car. O_O

;)

(I'm just kidding, that's awesome)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024