Author Topic: Question about Ultrasonic Liposuction  (Read 1547 times)

Offline MarcMCFC1986

• Posting Member
Hi All

I have had the go ahead for Ultrasonic Liposuction Surgery, being paid for by the NHS. This is happening on 8th July at 7.30am (UK Time).

I have read about, watched videos, and seen pictures of before & after surgery, however I have seen that the actual breast tissue isn't removed during this surgery.

I'm absolutely delighted that I'm getting the surgery, but I'm worried that it isn't going to completely solve the problem I have had for the last 15 years! Surely the breast tissue is what is causing the problem...so why would it not be removed?

Offline nipsofpeace

• Posting Member
It's to my understanding that you need both the removal of the actual gland tissue that is behind the nipple (my surgeon used something called a 'cannula' I think to do this) and the liposuction to eliminate the problem entirely.

I would not personally go have surgery if they were only giving me 1/2 of the procedure. You don't want to have to go through all that recovery just to not be satisfied with the result, not to mention the inherent risk of surgery (however relatively minor).

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
If you have any amount of excess tissue on your chest, surely some of it will be breast tissue.  And breast tissue is not affected by Ultrasonic Lipo.  Most procedures will require direct (or remote incision) excision of the breast tissue, particularly that tissue which is directly under the areola.  Anything less than that is an incomplete operation and will lead to your dissatisfaction.

You should absolutely discuss this scenario with your surgeon and make sure he is prepared to do an excision if it is needed.  Otherwise, your "free" surgery through NHS will be worthless and you may then have to seek a revision.

It is better to get it right the first time!

Dr Jacobs

Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024