Author Topic: Gynecomastia Surgical Techniques  (Read 2032 times)

Offline May87

I'm questioning whether or not I should see another plastic surgeon.  Just today, I went to a consultation in Maryland about getting surgery for my puffy nipples. Liposuction was added to the fee and so was PARTIAL REMOVAL of the "subareolar gland."  I asked the doctor about why he was only wanting to remove some of the gland and he said it was because he didn't want to leave a creator in my chest.  Is this part of good technique? I'm afraid of it coming back and as I've read on forums, everyone says that in order for it to never come back, the whole gland has to be removed.  I've also seen on videos as well as other forums, surgeons removing the whole gland leaving nothing behind w/ out any indications of creators in the chest.  It seems like there are more cons than pros w/ partial removal of the gland under the areola.  I don't want to pay $5,140 for it to come back, or for there to still be puffiness after surgery.  I live in the Northern Virginia area, I'm 145lbs, and I'm about 5ft 8in.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024