Author Topic: Dr Fielding  (Read 65965 times)

Offline hatey

• Posting Member
Just booked my appointment with Dr. Fielding... wait time is nearly 4 weeks :( but I can live with it. Was nervous even just calling in but the receptionist was very friendly. Can't wait until my consultation!

Offline robs

• Posting Member
nice!  you took the first step.  I'm at 3 weeks post-op and feeling amazing!  worth every bit of nervousness and anxiety about the surgery...turned out to be the easiest part.  

enjoy the ride!

Offline samkilty

• Posting Member
i had my surgery the same day as you. fri. the 13th, weird i know. Just sayin haha. i also had puffy nipples surgery, not lipo.

Offline mtlgyno

• Bronze Member
Hey guys, I had lipo done 2 and a half months ago, and I still feel uncomfortable not wearing a t-shirt. The nipples still protrude. I told my surgeon that I had gland, I knew it, I could feel it etc. He said no, no, it's 95% fat, lipo will cure all, etc.

Anyways, 4500$ later (after 2 years of saving, I'm a student), I'm back at square one. Yeah, I'm pissed.

Anyways, I'm going to book an appt. with Dr. Fielding as soon as I can (probably another 2 months, you need to wait 5 months I think before getting surgery again), and since I'm from Quebec, do you think that I can book an appointment on pretend November 1st and have the surgery let's say November 2nd with the same initial phone call? I know I have gland to be removed. Will the secretary let me? I don't want to go back and forth to Toronto too often.

Also, I'm glad that he can do the procedure in his office if it's just local anesthesia. I was screwed with the 1000$ hospital fees and 300$ anesthesia fees.

Thanks guys

Offline lamp

• Bronze Member
@hatey  thats the spirit :)!

@robs what did you get done robs and who did your surgery? do you still feel sore or have any pains?

@samkilty oh wow this recent fri 13th? weird lol. also who did your surgery. fielding said i only need gland removal.

@mtlgyno i dont think that doctor has experience with gyno. dr fielding explained to me that the gland is what makes the nipples protrude. call this number 416.766.8890, and talk to leslie the receptionist. im sure you can arrange something for your situation. if you have OHIP your hospital fees should be covered but i dont know if its the same since youre from montreal.

Offline willy27

• Bronze Member
@mtlgyno

Fielding doesn't do any procedures in his office. He goes to St Joesph's hospital in the minor surgery room.

Offline robs

• Posting Member

@robs what did you get done robs and who did your surgery? do you still feel sore or have any pains?

Dr. Lista did my surgery, lipo and gland excision.  I'm now at 1 month post of, still a bit sore but less and less each day. No real pain actually, the only pain I felt was the day after surgery when I had to put the compression vest back on after my first shower post-op and it pushed up against the incisions...ouch. 

Offline lamp

• Bronze Member

Dr. Lista did my surgery, lipo and gland excision.  I'm now at 1 month post of, still a bit sore but less and less each day. No real pain actually, the only pain I felt was the day after surgery when I had to put the compression vest back on after my first shower post-op and it pushed up against the incisions...ouch. 

ok thanks robs

UPDATE: i just booked my surgical date for sept. 24th. i will be doing surgery with dr fielding under local anesthesia at st. josephs hospital. i called leslie and that was the earliest date. my school doesnt start until the second week of september and the surgery will be during school. leslie the secretary told me if i get surgery (even local anesthesia) to leave the rest of the day open, as well as the next few days. so i booked it for a friday so i could have the weekend off. she said you'll be sore and cant lift things. so ill be emailing my professor in advanced into what ill be missing on the friday since ill be missing the class, and taking work off the weekend in advance.

Offline hatey

• Posting Member
Hey, thanks for the update and congrats on your surgery booking. I'm also a student and kind of worried about how the surgery and school will conflict... especially since if my wait time is similar to yours, it might be during midterm weeks. I also have some concerns about how noticeable the swelling and/or compression vest would be... I guess I can wear sweaters/hoodies every day if it seems too obvious.

Offline lamp

• Bronze Member
np man. this actually feels weird now that "ill be over on the next side soon". i really dont know what to say but, when the time comes i guess ill be nervous. especially with how my results will turn out to be.

Offline lamp

• Bronze Member
guys what can i do to prepare for my surgery in 2 weeks? from your experience, or even with fielding in this case what was needed post-op? any creams or required massaging. im getting really anxious because of the risks of unsuccessful surgeries were brought up. i really dont want my nipples to have a crater deformity or my nipples looking deflated.

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member
If I were you, I would take these pictures in and ask him about them.  I'd ask him how likely it is that your chest will look the same.  If you aren't feeling comfortable with your surgeon, you CAN change your mind and cancel. 

It's too important to do it right the FIRST time.  If the surgery is botched and someone else has to go back in and clean up the mess, the result is not going to be as good as if it had been done the best way possible the first time. 

If I didn't have complete confidence in my surgeon, there's no way I'd go through with it. I wouldn't want to simply substitute one problem for another. 

Offline lamp

• Bronze Member
we did happen to talk about it during the consultation. he explains that with my case it shouldnt be a problem and that only on rare occasions does that happen. i was and am still confindent in him but now im considering the possibilities. i'm just going to be optimistic, im really excited to make it to the other side :P

Offline lamp

• Bronze Member
also what happens right after the surgery? does fielding talk to you and show you your chest? does he also give a vest to wear for the few weeks prior to surgery?

Offline Darth Menace

• Bronze Member
Ya, I too am excited.  Unfortunately I have to wait longer then you.  I don't know about him talking to you and showing you your chest (as it may be compressed) and since you are only doing the nipples I'm not sure if you wear a compression vest like the others.  I'd only assume so.  Give a call and ask.  Sorry I wrote this whole paragraph and didn't answer any of your questions :(

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024