Author Topic: You all are so supportive.  (Read 3365 times)

cody sockeye

I just want to thank every single one of you on this board. You all are so supportive, and I am just so happy that I found you all here. I think that if I hadn't found Gynecomastia.org, I would be living with this condition till I'm a grown man. Instead, I'm going to beat this, and I will be truly happy once again.

Offline 15ineedhelp

• Bronze Member
Good to hear that.
Lets hope one day everyone will get surgery to fix this.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Good to hear that.
Lets hope one day everyone will get surgery to fix this.

X2

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member

Aye ... we owe Merle a pint or two for setting this forum up.  ;D

Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline GrandMstrBud

• Bronze Member
Glad your having luck on here, both times I have posted questions I have never seen any replies.
 :'(

cody sockeye

What is it you need to know?

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Glad your having luck on here, both times I have posted questions I have never seen any replies.
 :'(

Sorry you feel that way...  I looked up your threads and noticed that you did recently ask a question about surgeons in a specific location and I'm sure nobody responded because they didn't know the answer.  Here's the link to that one so maybe somebody who knows the answer is looking now: 
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php/topic,9970.msg70866.html#msg70866

Your thread back in August seemed to get several responses.  Here's the link to that one:  http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php/topic,6431.msg49317.html#msg49317
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 12:57:53 PM by Mr_Nip »
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline GrandMstrBud

• Bronze Member
Yes I'm sure it's probably because I'm in an area where no one is real sure and I didn't mean to sound rude at all because this site does provide a lot of good information. I called a few and I can't believe the cost of this procedure and that just frustrates me even more because I can't afford to have it done which will probably ruin my wedding and honeymoon because I won't take my shirt off and enjoy the beach because of this.

>:( >:(

Offline Mr_Nip

Cody sockeye, sorry for highjacking your thread, but it's in the interest of providing the support that your thread brings up anyway, so...

GrandMstrBud, I looked at your picture and yes you have relatively severe gyne.  I understand your reluctance about taking off the shirt and going to the beach.  My gyne was similar to yours, but even more severe and I had it for over 30 years, so I really do understand. 

You have to understand that your wife-to-be knows you have gyne.  Women don't think the way men do about physical appearance.  If she loves you as a person enough to start talking about weddings you can be sure that she knows all about your gyne (even if you've never had your shirt off around her) and you'd better have enough confidence to take off the shirt on your wedding night.  ;)  If you refuse to take off your shirt on that night, then she'll certainly notice that.  I think the others who've got some experience here will back me up on that. 

As for the beach, I understand what you're saying.  I've gone to the beach every summer and taken off the shirt because I refused to let this thing keep me from having fun.  Every time, though, people would stare, laugh, point, etc.  I dealt with it by making a game of staring back, pointing, smiling back at those who were doing it at me.  It's amazing how funny it can be to turn it back on them, making those jerks uncomfortable with themselves.  Many times, though, I just wore a t shirt to the beach and only took it off to get in the water.  There's no shame in that - People just assume you've had too much sun and you're trying to keep from burning.  Just be confident and psych yourself up that you're not going to let other people (or the fear of what they think) ruin your day. 

I know all this seems like it's easier said than done.  You're right, it is, but I've done it and it CAN be done.
Congrats on your upcoming wedding and I hope that some day you'll be able to have the surgery.  Start saving religeously for the surgery and until then, be confident in who you are and have the fun you deserve. 

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Cody sockeye, sorry for highjacking your thread...

X2  ;)

I know all this seems like it's easier said than done.  You're right, it is, but I've done it and it CAN be done.

Everyone is different tho Nip. I for one could never face a self imposed embarrassment of people pointing, staring, laughing, giggling...  Oh, the shame!   :-[

GB

Offline Mr_Nip

GB, let me clarify myself.  I'm just saying we can choose to take control of our situations and go take a risk once in a while.  It can be worth taking a little finger-pointing to have a day at the beach. 

I know everybody's different and as I mentioned there were a lot of days I wouldn't take my shirt off.   For some reason I found it to be much easier to take my shirt off in front of people when my wife was with me.   There is no shame in wearing a T-shirt OR taking it off.  Whatever you're comfortable with out on the beach. 

But...
On the wedding night...   ;)

Offline GrandMstrBud

• Bronze Member
Oh I’m sure it will be off that night just like it has before but it's dark so then I’m some what okay with it and she has yet to see my in the light and she knows about it and to her she says it's no big deal but to me it is so after talking it over she said if it will make me feel better to go for it but money is an issue when you have to save for the trip, keep saving for a house, and normal bills that we all love so much but I'm going to try my hardest to come up with the money. I know mine is very bad and I don't know if there are many out there that have it worse. I wish I could find someone that would be under $4,000 though. If anyone has any suggestions to good surgeons that are "more affordable" just let me know.

cody sockeye

Quite alright, as long as someone is being helped  :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024