Author Topic: Surgery in 6 days, any last minute tips?  (Read 1184 times)

Offline Life's too short

• Bronze Member
So I have surgery next Thursday and would like some tips about pre and post-op from guys who've have the op before. God I am excited!
Since mid april when I booked the consultation and realized I was really going go to ahead with surgery I've been gymming like a demon and have lost 14lbs. Plus I appear to have also built some muscle due to doing weights too.. my chest has definitely grown a bit in muscle and the gyno has improved. 
But I've been so busy working out that I've not prepared much. So here are some thoughts I have, feel free to add anything at all you think could help

Last gym session 3 days before surgery, and time for some serious weight-maintaining dieting and discpline as I won't be able to exercise for a month - and this could easily lead to depressive binge eating. 
1. Day before surgery, stock the house with enough good wholesome food lots of protein, veg, fruit and water for at least 3/4 days.
2. Wear a shirt and tracksuit bottoms (not jeans) to the hospital so easier to dress after op.
3. Will tell my dad I'm having surgery on a torn muscle on my chest, so he knows I'm having surgery but that its not too serious or invasive. (Not even an option to tell him the truth).  This way, if I feel that I need somebody to pick me up from the hospital after, I can give him a call and he'll understand. 
4. Will start working from home 4 days after - my job is non-active. So I might return to the office 11 days after op, depending on how stinky the vest will be. 
5. Have the playstation set up, netflix, and a book so I can kill time in the house. I'm not usually at home much and am always out doing stuff, so this is going to be a long few weeks and I need to keep occupied. 
6. Plenty of deodrant sprays and roll-ons to apply while wearing the vest (as I am a sweaty person and it will stink). I'm preparing not to shower from the waist up for as long as possible so I don't have to remove the vest. In case it's too painful to put back on on my own.
7. Lots of old shirts to wear instead of t shirts, and a new set of bedding sheets for a week post-op incase of blood stained sheets from the incisions. 
These are the main things I can think of, would appreciate any more tips however little!

Offline gregory34

• Posting Member
I think you have it covered. Make sure you have your dad on standby because you might require a lift. Prepare for some moderate pain after the procedure. Make sure you get painkillers from the docs. This will all be worth is to be gyno free trust me.

Try to get up and go for a walk a couple of days after the procedure. You don't want to be in bed for too long. Don't overdo it though.

Lastly I'd say be really happy and excited that this is finally going to be off your chest!

Offline Brawny

• Posting Member
Stock up on Essential Amino Acids. I consumed around 15-30 grams daily to prevent muscle catabolism since I'm also an avid lifter. No matter what you will lose a little bit of muscle but preventing it as much as possible is a no brainer. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024