Author Topic: i got a quote today please help  (Read 10729 times)

Offline theta

• Posting Member
surgeon's fees: 3,500
operating room 2.5 hours: 1,400
anesthesia: 750
garment kit: 200
ual machine: 350
total: 6200

i remember reading on here that someone else got surgery on their puffy nipples for about 3 grand. for me i am getting an incision and he is removing the fat by ultrasonic liposuction and then cutting the excess breast tissue. it is with dr. korman

i saw another doc (dr. brink) that said since he it doesn't appear for me to have any glands behind the nipple, liposuction would be fine.

dr. korman makes sense in the fact that he says an incision is necessary to remove the gland because the fat won't be as significant. is he ripping me off? i know breast augmentation is about this price range and i doubt my puffy nipples are as that big of  a problem to fix
the one that is charging

Offline theta

• Posting Member
are u serious NO ONE has any idea what price range puffy nipples operations generally go for? can no one tell me if that is a radical price?

Offline theta

• Posting Member
i see. it's just if i was paying for it, it'd be ALRIGHT for 6000 but it's my mom that's paying so yeh. the lady did say she might be able to get the doc to lower it to 5000 if it was paid in cash.

the first doctor said that we'd be able to do it my lipo only WHICH i heard is a way that fails a lot so i think the second doc might be more legit.

i know someone did it in uk for 1500 pounds which would be around 3000 here but i guess its more expensive in the us

Offline puff916

• Posting Member
Make sure to go to a reputable Dr.   Lipo alone is not enuff.

Offline dbcali8

Hey - Go to Dr. Delgado or Rajgopal and skip on Korman..just my 2 cents.

Good Luck!!

Offline S.D.

• Posting Member
  • Damn You Nature!
I'll tell you this, I went to 2 different private practice surgeons in the past year or more who claimed that they dwouldnt need to do excision surgery on me because Lipo only would yield good results.... I feel confident in my decision in paying the extra money and going with excision plus lipo surgery because my results are fantastic at only 5 days out.

I truly feel had I listened to the surgeons who told me they would only do Lipo that I would not of been as satisfied with the result.... my surgeon told me I was almost all gland, and was only given a little bit of Lipo to ensure an optimal / even result.

Offline mmaman

• Silver Member
Do not get lipo only. 

Offline MSJ108

Quote seems a bit high to me.

Offline matthew1

• Gold Member
i see. it's just if i was paying for it, it'd be ALRIGHT for 6000 but it's my mom that's paying so yeh. the lady did say she might be able to get the doc to lower it to 5000 if it was paid in cash.

Thats a  big  discount  for cash, seems a bit unproffessional to me

Offline april24th2007

• Gold Member
Dont get lipo only.  You need excission.
If you can afford a good dr, go to one.  If not, there are cheaper options.  Poland is only 1500 usd.
depends where you live though.

Offline MSJ108

Get another opinion and quote

Offline MSJ108

Hey - Go to Dr. Delgado or Rajgopal and skip on Korman..just my 2 cents.

Good Luck!!

where are these docs located?

Offline theta

• Posting Member
lol, I'm back and finally realistically going to go through with the surgery. been saving my dime these past (seemingly long in regard to surgery) years. it's kind of funny reading my old posts as a teenager.

dbcali8's recommendation seems solid despite not having specific feedback. as of now I'm scheduled to go through with the surgery with dr. korman who is located in mountain view, CA. I also had a consultation with Dr. Delgado back in march though who is located in SF.

dr. korman was kind enough to not raise the price from what I was quoted 4 years ago ($6200) and when questioned about how much meds would cost me, his assistant even lowered the price for me to $5850.

in comparison Dr. Delgado wants $6900. delgado offers a cash discount of 3% off of the surgeon's fee which is only like ~$100 (lol).

price-wise korman seems like a straight win because although I still need to confirm, if the $1000 off offer for cash still stands, that's $4850 vs $6800, basically $7000 bucks.

my only qualms are that dr. korman doesn't have very many before and after photos. actually I just did a quick search again and realized I could only find one and the body type isn't similar to mine at all. I feel like since I'm in generally good shape, any dis-symmetry would be easily noticeable.

opinions?

Offline holdenc

hey there,

I noticed in your initial posting you mentioned the doctor would perform ultrasonic liposuction, are you still going that route?

Prior to surgery - I had surgery last summer in Dallas - my doctor went over the various liposuction methodologies, listing the pros and cons for each. In regard to ultrasonic lipo, he was somewhat critical. He said to go over the skin and bombard the fat can sometimes result in skin burns, thus scarring the chest.
Further, did you opt for the excision of excess fat or bulbous gland beneath the nipple? Again, my doctor had an opinion, a strong one on the topic, actually refusing to perform one over the other; both lipo and the removal of fatty tissue beneath the nipple had to be performed. His reasoning made sense: to perform just liposuction may not fully remove (if at all) the puffed nipple appearance; or, to just get that wad of fat, opting to forego the lipo, may leave the nipples falling into the chest, giving the appearance of concave nipples...no bueno.

And last thing, his pricing sounds pretty accurate...not that I'd know any better than the next person as surgeon fees seem somewhat arbitrarily determined. However, for my surgery last summer in Dallas the total for the surgeon's fee, anesthesiologist, hospital stay, pre-surgery testing (ensuring I was in good health for such a procedure) and prescription meds came to bit over $8,000. I consulted with another doctor who suggested the sole procedure of removing the fatty tissue beneath the nipple (no lipo) and the price totaled around $4000. I guess this choice of just one procedure, lipo or excision, versus having both performed accounts for the price discrepancy.

Best of luck for the surgery and (what will hopefully be) a speedy recovery.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Obviously cost is a concern. I worry though when it seems to be the major concern.

We get a lot of sad stories that come out of selecting a surgeon based on price.

The surgeons credentials should be the main issue.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024