Author Topic: Recommend a surgeon in VANCOUVER?  (Read 2877 times)

Offline buble

• Bronze Member
Can anyone recommend a good gyne surgeon in Vancouver?  Also, do you guys know if any part of it is covered under the MSP?  Thanks in advance
Surgery Date: Jan 9, 2007
Dr. H. Ukani, Vancouver, BC
Pre/post pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/gynecomastia/

Offline Tim_Hortons_Coffee

• Bronze Member
  • Chilli Deal
I don't currently know of any good ones in Vancouver, there were some last time I was checking though.

Excision is covered by MSP, though your surgeon may try to claim it is not (mine initially did). If he/she does you need to call MSP and get the info from them, then tell your surgeon. Lipo treatment is not covered and will cost you personally. Good luck.
May ye' spend half an hour in Heaven before the devil knows you're dead.

Offline buble

• Bronze Member
Thanks for the advice.  Did you do yours in Vancouver?  If so who was the surgeon and how did you like the end result?  Someone recommended Dr Fitzpatrick, and he told me that his practice is totally private so he doesn't deal with MSP in any way (which will make it quite expensive).  I appreciate your help

Buble

Offline Tim_Hortons_Coffee

• Bronze Member
  • Chilli Deal
Yeah I had mine done in Vancouver by a Dr Demienzuck (sp). He basically cut a small bit of gland and left the majority of the gland in my chest, I wasn't pleased. He said we could do a revision but I am opting to have surgery in Toronto with Dr Fielding now.

In a city as big as Vancouver one would imagine there would have to be at least a couple decent surgeons who can handle a gyne case...But I haven't heard of many on these boards.

Be sure to ask them if they are operating in a private clinic and if they will put MSP coverage on the excision. I have heard some cases in BC where doctors didn't even inform their patients of this until very close to the surgery date.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024