Author Topic: Problem after hematoma  (Read 2053 times)

Offline Jake32

Hello. I am a 24 year old male that had gynecomastia surgery on both sides of my chest and had a hematoma on the right side. I had another surgery the next day to drain it and while the left side looks good and is healing nicely the right side is noticeably sinking in. Not to much but enough for me to notice and that's what matters. I've spent a lot of money on this surgery. To much to not feel satisfied so any thoughts about this would be greatly appreciated . Thanks!

Offline Jake32

I had the surgury two weeks ago today 

Offline TigerPaws

Not to be overly mean sounding but surgery, any surgery carries risks and rewards. As Gynecomastia surgery is a "cosmetic" procedure dictated not by medical need but by vanity then you pay your money and you take your chances.

No amount of money is a guarantee of desired results. Perhaps others will be able to learn from your experience.

1/3 of the worlds male population has some form of Gynecomastia.

Was/Is the possible rewards worth the risk? What happens if you end up worse off than you were before a totally unnecessary surgical procedure?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
First, don't worry.  The proper thing to do is to surgically drain the hematoma -- which was done.  It is not unusual for that side to have a "donut" appearance for a few weeks.  That is because the hematoma went into the surrounding tissues and caused them to enlarge.  Any surgical drainage cannot get out the peripheral blood which has insinuated itself into those tissues.  But your body will deal with that rather well.

What was important, however, has been done.

Most likely, your chest will be even and symmetrical within a few weeks or less.

Be patient.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Jake32

Thanks a lot Dr. Jacobs.

Offline Jake32

Tiger paw are you a doctor?? I didn't come on here to hear you tell me that I just wanted a professional point of view about a concern

Offline TigerPaws

Tiger paw are you a doctor?? I didn't come on here to hear you tell me that I just wanted a professional point of view about a concern
Well I DO have 3 PhD's, and I spent several years in med school before I went into the military. I was trained as a combat medic serving in several wars and performed far too many field surgeries to patch up our wounded warriors. Additionally I have lived with Gynecomastia for a number of years (now almost a 38D on a 5' 8" 165lb frame).

I have written a number of research papers on Gynecomastia which are considered reference materials for those MD's treating the issue.

While I decided not be become an MD I am somewhat of an expert on the subject at hand.

If you want specific medical information post in the "Ask a Doctor" section, not on the general forum.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024