Author Topic: Best surgeon in British Columbia?  (Read 3223 times)

Offline FJ

Hey guys, New here, i'm 19 years old 220lbs, 5'11

I have a pretty bad case of gyno, I was wondering who is the best surgeon to goto in British Columbia?

I have no history of drugs,alcholism or steroids, what should i expect payment wise? and should my MSP cover it all?

Also what are the dangers of the surgery, is there a chance they can remove some of my muscle tissue as well? That's all i'm worried about

Offline supaaman

• Silver Member
I think it's best to fly to Toronto and see Dr. JC Fielding on Bloor Street.  You can get his phone number by calling 411.  The cost ranges from $1200-1800 including lipo and excision.  You need to go out there 2x's - once for consult, once for surgery.  Many BC'ers here are doing that because Fielding is an expert in this field and does 100-150 of these sugeries per year.  Feedback here from former patients is very good.  Cost-wise, you would be looking at just as much (if not more) to get the surgery in BC and it seems that there is nobody with this expertise.  Fielding bills a good portion of the cost to BC Health (the excision) - that's why he is much more reasonable.  Don't feel intimidated about calling them at all.  His receptionist (Leslie) is very friendly and helpful.  Fielding will answer all questions about surgery in ths consult.  Once you have the consult (free) they do not pressure you at all to make a decision.  However, the risks are very low.

There are lots of guys here who are going to be (or have been) in surgery with Fielding.  So, feel free to keep posting and guys will answer.  John (Grandpa Bambu) is an expert here as he had surgery about 1.5 yrs ago with Fielding and has lots of knwoledge of peoples experiences.

I have done lots of research for BC based Plastic surgeons and it seems those that do it (gyne), don't do many, and results here have been mixed.

Hope that helps.
JCF  Success Story - Surgery Aug 23, 2006

Offline supaaman

• Silver Member
Also, with cost... I meant to say that what you will pay for Fielding $1200-1800 + flights , hotels... will be the same or less than a PS here.  Rates seem to start at $3500 and up!

Offline FJ

Thanks guys, That's a pretty far way to go but i've read goods things about fielding here, If i decide to get the surgery i will probably take the train LOL

If you could choose the top 3 in B.C. who would it be?

Offline supaaman

• Silver Member
A Dr. Brown in Richmond is one I have heard a lot.  There was also a guy here Remyrem... or something who had Dr. Rai in New West.  I think he was happy with Rai.  I actually had him (Rai) perform plastic surgery on me from a sports injury about 10 years ago - and he was really good.  However, I think the price was over $7K!

If you search back through these posts you'll find various PS's in BC.  I have looked over them back and forth and not a lot there.  I have read of guys going to see Fielding in a day from Van (take an early flight out and get back in late).  I would be shocked if you can find a PS in Van to do it for the same price as Fielding + 2 flights + accom/food, etc.  If there was, I owuld have done it.  For me, price wasn't even the issue... I just wanted to go with someone who is an expert.  i do not believe there is such a person West of Toronto.  In Toronto, there are a couple - Fielding and Lista.  In the US, there seems to be 8-10 experts, but personally, I would rather stay in Canada.

Offline monkey

Hi FJ, I just very recently (this week) had surgery with Dr. Brown. So far so good, it looks great the day after. I have the compression vest along with drains at the moment. I was told that it will swell up and it will heal in 3-4 months.

When I went in the consultation I was told that I had a moderate case and that he would probably perform lypo only but he will be able to tell on the day of the surgery whether excision is required. He did both excision and lypo on the day of the surgery.

They're all very nice and answered all my questions. The surgery was relatively painless and the pain afterwards is moderate so far. I would definetely recommend a consultation with him.

I'll keep you updated on the progress of healing and my experience if you'd like.

Regards,
monkey  ;D

Offline Carn

• Posting Member
I have a similar case also. Uncertian where to go.

Offline monkey

Hi Carn,

You can do the consultation with Dr.Brown in Richmond for $100. The surgery itself cost $3200 minus the consultation fee. I've also heard of other physicians in BC that you can go checkout, but I have not personally done so, only Dr.Brown. I would recommend Dr.Brown from my own experience.

It has been 5 weeks post-op for me and so far I'm quite happy with the result. There are hard scar tissue lumps along the incision line where he moved the glands. I was told that will disappear in time. Meanwhile, my chest looks great and I was told it will just keep on looking better since my last checkup. My next postop checkup is in December.

Cheers,
Monkey

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024