Author Topic: Scar tissue after surgery and my progress  (Read 10634 times)

Offline teodeles

• Posting Member
After the seline the crater were stable and also had some improvement 
But a couple of days ago I experienced the same tiny pain like when the crater started happening and today morning the crater seems to be a little bigger.
I suspect that the seline cut a lot of the power on kenalog but it couldn t cut it all...(I was expecting this)
Its now 5 weeks and 1 day since the kenalog injections and I hope soon the power to be stopped...
Since the day I noticed the crater I have stopped exercising the chest with weights cause I have the feeling that sending big amounts of blood there may be activating the power of kenalog...
I ll start exercising the chest in about 1 week from now.

I am in a position to say that I feel that I will have to do the fat filling thing after 6 months...
I am a quick healer and I guess this is why I had so much scar tissue after the surgery... So my only chance to avoid fat filling is if my chest will create again a fair amount of scar tissue in the place of the crater.(After kenalog will stop working)

Its a nervous feeling to watch a part of your chest going away and not know when this will stop and how you will look in the end ...In the beginning I felt desperate and even lost my reason of living ... For this bad feeling also kenalog helped because its cortisone and it creates a sad environment in the mind(its one of the side effects of cortisone)...
Now I have accepted the crater and I have the mentality that it happened and I don t care anymore... I have pause all my feelings and I am just in the mood that I am in a waiting position to see how big the crater will be in the end and if i can live with it... If not then I ll do the fat filling thing and all will be ok.

One thing is for sure...I prefer to have a little crater that will be noticable only when I flex than having the huge scar tissue that I had after surgery that I was not able to wear a t shirt and only by looking at it was making me feel very desperate 

I will keep updating the topic until all is over

You know some replies especially from ppl with the same crater experience  would be good    

Offline teodeles

• Posting Member
Here are 2 pics
One without flexing and one with flexing that shows the crater

http://postimg.org/gallery/m7irgs18/68d321a0/

Offline teodeles

• Posting Member

Offline teodeles

• Posting Member
I injected some saline in the crater and already seems better but I did a stupid mistake injecting also the area where the big scar tissue was in order not to have a crater in there because the most kenalog juice was injected there by the Dr.
The result is that the scar tissue because 2 times bigger that it has been after kenalog!
After 4 weeks of kenalog the scar tissue were almost gone...only a very thin slice was left and after the saline injection in it made it grow again!
Its the 3d day after the saline and I hope it will get a little smaller again after 1 week... If not the plan is to continue injecting saline in the crater to be completelly fixed and after that to inject a very tiny amount of Kenalog again in the left scar tissue... 
All was in the right track until i did the mistake to inject saline into the previous scar tissue... BUT this is a big proof that saline indeed works and make tissues bigger so the crater is gonna fix after some weeks of weekly injected saline...

The only thing I can do is patience and see how it all goes and react accordingly.

I am gone say again that I would appreciate a comment of you people.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
While I am pleased that the saline has been helpful, it is absolutely not wise for you to be injecting and treating yourself.  All this treatment should be under the direct care of your surgeon.
Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline teodeles

• Posting Member
Yes Dr Jacobs.
Thursday I have an appointment with my Dr and I will ask him to do to me the treatment with the saline...
Do you think that the previous scar tissue that became bigger and harder with the saline is permanent?
Thanks

Offline teodeles

• Posting Member
Today is exactly 6 weeks after the kenalog injections.
After having the 2-3 previous saline injections in the crater , it seems better...I am not gonna do any other on my own...
The saline injected previous scar tissue that got bigger, seems a little better now.
Tomorrow is the apointement with My Dr. and I hope he will agree to do me the saline injections in the crater once per week...
I have the feeling that with the saline injections and patience my chest will be perfect.

Offline teodeles

• Posting Member
I m back from my Dr.
I had printed the saline research of filling the craters from kenalog and he thanked me for the knowledge I offered him...he is openminded and this is good.
He told me that he will do me all the saline injections for free and he did one today...

I will report after days 

Offline terre

• Bronze Member

Offline teodeles

• Posting Member
Hello ppl
Update
After some sessions of saline in the crater , nothings seems to have improvement... The crater remains the same... 
The good thing is that when I am not flexing my chest is ok.
It is supposed that only 2 weeks has passed after the 2 months that kenalog works... so now I am just trainning and waiting for at least 6 months to see IF the crater will be inproved by its own... I don t think I am gonna continue the saline injections as I see no defference...

In september I will do one last kenalog on my other chest because a scar tissue is bothering me there... but this time dr. will be cautious and will inject a small dose.  

Offline teodeles

• Posting Member
Update.
The chest with the crater is getting better and better and the crater seems be have build a little and the other chest with the little scar tissue left is getting better after a little injection of kenalog...
overall i am happy with my chest as it is right now... training with weights has also helped

even with the crater i really don t care becayse when i am not flexing the chest looks perfect...but if an other cycle with saline will help build it up it would be nice to do it...now that several months from the 1st kenalog have passed , maybe the saline thing will work , so ill give it a try .

I ll update again in some weeks and post also photos

I would like to ask the doctors in here...
Can a little bit of  hard  scar tissue that is left in both chests be softer permanent with deep tissue massage after 16 months of surgery?
The little hard scar tissue that is left is not visible , you can only notice by touch 
Thanks  

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024