Author Topic: List of surgeons to go to or avoid?  (Read 2162 times)

Offline GoldenGate

• Bronze Member
  • Don't worry, be happy!
Is there a thread or a website of somesort somewhere that rates surgeons and allows people to easily rate them and talk about their experiences with gynecomastia surgery?
There are all kinds of stupid websites, like ratemyprofessor.com, and ratemyrack.com (ironic, huh?) but it would be really good to actually spread the word better about the ones that are doing good work, but don't have a big web presence, and the ones that do not!  After participating on this site for a while, it still seems like there are only three or four doctors that have a big web presence doing this type of surgery.  There have to be hundreds out there that are operating though, right?

Does anyone else see the need?  Am I overlooking something?
If the worst health issue you face is only an aesthetic one - remember it is just that. You can fix it with surgery, or hide it, or deal with it. The bottom line - we are all battling something that shouldn't stop us from missing out on life and living how we want to. Everyone should be so lucky!

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
from a web perspective, it seems like the risk would be manipulability.  it would work better for situations where you had large numbers of people who could vote, whereas with ps's i think the pool would be smaller. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I think a negative list, one listing Dr.s not to see, would not be good.

A really good Dr. could be listed there by someone out of spite for example.

A positive list already exists in a way though. You can start by looking to see what certifications a surgeon has.
Grandpa Dan

Offline GoldenGate

• Bronze Member
  • Don't worry, be happy!
Yes, I guess there would be a lot of liability for slander and what not.  It just seems sometimes that for every 3 or 4 total success happy stories about surgery that there is one regretable one.

I just thought maybe there would be a way to better aggregrate everyone's experiences or something and to also give a little bit more web presence to all of the doctors out there that don't participate online just yet.

What if we just created a quick list of recommended doctors with their phone number or website and a quick list of doctors that have had complaints.  Maybe there could be a number of the number of recs or complaints?  Is this just a stupid idea?  I am just trying to think of the next way to be helpful.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024