Author Topic: Feature story  (Read 3884 times)

Offline Kareng

I am an English journalist writing a story about gyaecomastia and would like to speak to a man who has the condition and also to his wife or girlfriend for the female point of view.

I realise this is a very sensitive subject, but would like to write a story about a woman helping and understanding her husband/partner's condition and the ways they are dealing with it.

If there are any couples who already speak openly about gyaecomastia that would be ideal.

The story would be for a national women's magazine in the UK, hence the need for a female perspective to the story. I work for an agency called Barcroft Media which is a highly regarded  provider for the press in this country and overseas.

The couple would be able to read and approve the article prior to publication.

Please email karen@barcroftmedia.com

Offline 15ineedhelp

• Bronze Member
I am an English journalist writing a story about gyaecomastia and would like to speak to a man who has the condition and also to his wife or girlfriend for the female point of view.

I realise this is a very sensitive subject, but would like to write a story about a woman helping and understanding her husband/partner's condition and the ways they are dealing with it.

If there are any couples who already speak openly about gyaecomastia that would be ideal.

The story would be for a national women's magazine in the UK, hence the need for a female perspective to the story. I work for an agency called Barcroft Media which is a highly regarded  provider for the press in this country and overseas.

The couple would be able to read and approve the article prior to publication.

Please email karen@barcroftmedia.com

I dont think anyone is gonna help....sorry
as soon as i saw the word journalist i didnt wanna read anymore....
Some off you ( not all ) write soo uch b***sh*t
and its not  gyaecomastia its gynecomastia...........

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member

If this is a genuine enquiry, and I see no reason to suppose it isn’t, then I think such an angle on gynecomastia can do no harm whatsoever.  In fact I think it could do a lot of good for a woman’s magazine to run such a story on how sufferers feel and the support their wives and girlfriends can give them.

One of the many concerns I believe sufferers have especially if they are young, is the attitude of the opposite sex towards their condition.  I have read such concerns on these boards more times than I can remember.

When I developed gyne in my late 40s my girlfriend was absolutely great.  She read up on the subject and visited this forum to try to really understand how the condition can affect us both physically and emotionally.  She said my gyne didn’t affect the way she felt about me at all, and although was supportive of me having surgery, said that in her opinion it made no difference to her.  As you all will know this condition can blight our lives and having such support from her made the whole thing that much more bearable.

I say to Kareng ........... do your research and run your story in the sensitive manner you suggest.  I wish you all the very best.

Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline NotFedup

• Gold Member
  • Surgery in Poland By Dr Baranski 24th Oct 2006
would the couple have confidentiality?
You see you may struggle to find anyone to come forward and be a face to your story.
losing my moobs was almost as painless as losing my sanity

Offline harry123

• Posting Member
I think it would be a nice article so women can understand how it makes us feel etc. But I think that if your partner or girlfriend or so on.. read about it they could bring it up or try and reassure you making you feel worse, I know it feels good to talk about it but just thinking of it really gets me down, but that’s just my opinion,  good luck with your story.

Harry

Offline man-chest-r

• Bronze Member
Hi Karen, being a journalist, you will be aware of the cynicism which is often, but not always justified. Over the period of my engagement with this board there has been some good journalism, and also some really bad stuff, in surprising places. Maybe you could point us in the direction of work you have done before so people can make a judgement?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024