Author Topic: Bloodwork  (Read 2489 times)

Offline billygoat21

• Posting Member
Fielding never asks anyone for blood work? I have my surgery booked for June and he never even mentioned i should have any blood work done. I guess i just shouldn't bother with any?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Same here dude...

How long have you had G for?

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline billygoat21

• Posting Member
i got it around 20/21 and i'm 27 now. Much like most other men on here, it has robbed me of a lot of joy in my life. I can't wait to have the operation but I'm scared to get my hopes up on how good it will be. Sucks being at the mercy of someone else to fix me, he is only human and he can make mistakes that will damage me.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Don't get yer shorts in a bind dude... JCF is one of the best... He'll fix you!!!

What's worse, having to live with 'The Curse' the rest of your life, or taking that very small risk of something going wrong during surgery? Dude, JCF is an expert in this area! You can trust his abilities...  ;)

GB...

Offline billygoat21

• Posting Member
ya im not having 2nd thoughts or anything, just seems like it happens pretty fast, i mean i talked to him for like 5 minutes and he gave me his speech about the condition and that was it, didn't ask for bloodwork, didn't show me before and after shots, didn't really ask me much at all, only if i have ever used roids (i haven't) just basically said he could take care of it. If it wasn't for these boards giving him big props I wouldn't know what to think about him, you know? I'm excited and nervous, but more excited at the possibilities. as i have seen you say on here i can't wait to go to the "other side"!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Have you taken any meds that could have caused your G?

GB...

Offline don_joe

• Silver Member
I think blood work is a standard procedure before any surgery. My GF had a surgery on her ovaries and she basically had to go through the same tests I did.

Offline billygoat21

• Posting Member
no i haven't taken any meds, i think i'm just a text book case of bad luck and the surgery will get rid of it, anyways i'm feeling a bit better about it today. I think i got the right guy...your right he is a pro and will do his job on me. i guess it's on YOU as a patient to get bloodwork done if you think there might be something causing your condition.

Offline billygoat21

• Posting Member
ONE complaint with fielding is you can hear what he is saying to other patients in his office even with the doors closed, he has a loud voice and really isn't shy talking about any of this stuff (even talked to me in the lobby a little bit). Personally i didn't mind too much but i could tell the other guys in the room with me were uncomfortable. A handful of guys in the waiting room all with GYNE, can get a little uncomfortable!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

The next time you see JCF, ask him why he doesn't do any blood work on the patient.

Also, you should voice your concern that people in the waiting room are able to hear his conversation with the patient in the consultation room. You are right, those in the waiting room should not be able to hear what is being said during 'your' consultation....

GB...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024