Author Topic: Second full gynecomastia gland removal/ lip 19 days after  (Read 3775 times)

Offline xelnaga13

I am 26 yrs old 5'11 185 athletic body type. I had pubertal gynecomastia from age 10 onward. The doctors linked it to early onset puberty. At 14 my parents paid for elective surgery to remove the glands and the fat. The surgery was a success for about a year. After that they began to come back. I went back to see if getting a revision would be appropriate, but the doctor told my parents I had body disphoric disorder. ( What I really had 2 half golf ball sized boobets)

Anyway... I suffered in silence for many years with the condition. The fact that I had the awesome experience of not having the problem only to have it again made it worse.

Fast forward to March of 2011. I was laid off from my job and had a lot of spare time. I began researching getting insurance to cover another procedure. I got blood work, an ultrasound, and a letter from a plastic surgeon. A few weeks later I was approved.

The doctor who did my procedure was absolutley top notch. Double board certified etc etc. He preformed a bilateral gynecomastia removal and lip suction of the chest. The procedure was completed with not complications. I was shocked to find out that my half golf balls were part of a much larger, yet flatter, pancake like structure.

Today I am 19 days out. I will post pictures on this thread asap. The results are great. Swelling was pretty bad on the right side and continues to be slightly more swollen than the left.

In conclusion. I never imagined that insurance would cover this procedure. I did a lot of research into my policy, which was no help from my insurance company.  I would love to assist anyone on this forum that wants details about how I went about getting it accomplished.

Thanks.

Offline xelnaga13

I had my 19 day follow up today. My biggest concern was dealing with a small amount of scar tissue underneath my right nipple. I discussed the possibility of anti-inflamitory shot with my surgeon; he did not believe it was needed at the moment. He believes its temporary firm tissue that would be reabsorbed.

I have permission take my compression vest off while just hanging around, but still have to wear it for activity.

Offline Freedatlast

• Posting Member
Great to hear that you finally got the operation done (and covered by insurance!). The first two weeks are the worst and then it gets better. Today is one month for me and it looks and feels so much better now. Worth every penny and all of the discomfort.

Offline Kill3rK

• Posting Member
HOW!? how did you get it covered and what ins co do you have? I have BCBS and my surgeon didnt get it covered. I'm finding a new surgeon anyway because I wasn't exactly thrilled with the way his staff handled contacting me post consultation. His staff sent it to my ins carrier and they denied it, if my insurance doesn't cover it I can't get it.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024