Author Topic: how long cant i move my arms after surgery?  (Read 5485 times)

Offline Ali19

• Silver Member
I'm a muslim and we pray daily where we have to move our hands and also bend down, my surgery is on monday, so i wont be able to pray for a week? or more?

Offline captain chesty

• Silver Member
My arms were very stiff for the first few days after surgery, but by about the 1 week mark they were almost back to normal-  if a little uncomfortable with certain movements. I think everyone experiences different rates of recovery though, so you probably wont know for sure until you go through it yourself.

Offline Ali19

• Silver Member
My arms were very stiff for the first few days after surgery, but by about the 1 week mark they were almost back to normal-  if a little uncomfortable with certain movements. I think everyone experiences different rates of recovery though, so you probably wont know for sure until you go through it yourself.

so ur saying u couldnt even eat? surely if i cant even use a laptop, i couldnt even be able to eat with my arms either?

Offline captain chesty

• Silver Member
No, I could eat fine. I could use a laptop fine as well. Obviously your movement at the wrist and elbow joints will be unaffected and so any activity you care to mention which requires movement at those joints is fine.

The trouble is any movement involving the shoulder which will also involve the chest, particularly stretching your arms out away from your body. To put this in context the main activity which was restriced for me was getting into and out of bed because it hurt to support my body weight. reaching out to get anything hurt also and I would need someone to pass me things. But you will soon heal and be able to do these things ok.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 02:33:52 PM by captain chesty »

Offline Ali19

• Silver Member
No, I could eat fine. I could use a laptop fine as well. Obviously your movement at the wrist and elbow joints will be unaffected and so any activity you care to mention which requires movement at those joints is fine.

The trouble is any movement involving the shoulder which will also involve the chest, particularly stretching your arms out away from your body. To put this in context the main activity which was restriced for me was getting into and out of bed because it hurt to support my body weight. reaching out to get anything hurt also and I would need someone to pass me things. But you will soon heal and be able to do these things ok.

thanks man great advice, so i imagine if ur blanket is out of reach, than u how would it be possible to grab it without stertching our arms?

also, i sit while using a laptop, so its ok to sit after the surgery right? u dont have to lay down?

Offline xelnaga13

I had full mobility after both my gyne surgeries. However, keep in mind, just because you can doesnt mean you should. Ive had other surgeries where I felt like a million bucks afterwords so I didnt take time off from anything, then a few days later I had terrible pain and swelling as a result.

Offline Ali19

• Silver Member
I had full mobility after both my gyne surgeries. However, keep in mind, just because you can doesnt mean you should. Ive had other surgeries where I felt like a million bucks afterwords so I didnt take time off from anything, then a few days later I had terrible pain and swelling as a result.

im not worried about the pain, i heard that if u stretch arms, it hurts the healing process.

Offline walt

• Gold Member
Greetings , im sure if you modify your daily prayer routine for a week or so your God will understand. [ sorry i don`t know what Diety name you use , i didn`t want to offend you. ]im sure if you do as best as you can he will understand.Best Blessings

Offline captain chesty

• Silver Member
Yes, you can sit after surgery fine. At first you might feel like lying down as the anaesthetic wears off, but everyone reacts differently and you might be fine, see how you feel. If something like your duvet is out of reach you'll find a way of getting it if it hurts to stretch out, for the first few days I got out of bed by doing a sit-up. I also went to sleep on my back because it hurt to lay on my side. good luck with your surgery anyway.

Offline Ali19

• Silver Member
Yes, you can sit after surgery fine. At first you might feel like lying down as the anaesthetic wears off, but everyone reacts differently and you might be fine, see how you feel. If something like your duvet is out of reach you'll find a way of getting it if it hurts to stretch out, for the first few days I got out of bed by doing a sit-up. I also went to sleep on my back because it hurt to lay on my side. good luck with your surgery anyway.

thx a tons had surgery today, everything went great, was knocked off within 30 seconds after the doctor did something, was it the needle they insert in ur left arm?

feel great now, almost no pain by itself, of course a little stining, will post pics in the coming week before and after, haven't even seen the results myself yet.

i had both excision and lipo done withint 1 1/2 hr, pretty damn quick and i was home by 2 pm after having surgery at 8.

Offline captain chesty

• Silver Member
Welcome to the other side and the gyne free life!

the surgery is not too bad is it!

Offline Ali19

• Silver Member
is it normal not be able to walk straight after surgery with the garment on?

Im walking like a old man becuase of the garment, really hunching, this is normal right? or am i not supposed to have this bad of a hunch from the garment?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024