Author Topic: Puffy Nipples After Surgery  (Read 1812 times)

Offline cky2k

• Bronze Member

Hi All,

So I have a consultation tomorrow to hopefully book in gynecomastia surgery. My condition would be 90% gland maybe %10 fat. My biggest fear is getting the surgery done and still having puffy nipples. I have seen many before and after pics with numerous surgeons and some after pics still show puffy nipples. A lot of people wouldn’t mind this as the chest is still “flat” however I would be extremely disappointed if this was the case for me.

Is there any reason why puffy nipples remain after some surgeries? Any recommendations on what I should say to my surgeon?

Much appreciated.

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
Always express your concerns to your surgeon. Its really very simple tell your surgeon exactly what you think and all of your concerns. You will be evaluated and your surgeon will give you his/her impression of what is possible. Think about what was said and go from there.
Sometimes I find  a potential patient has realistic expectations and sometimes they do not.Its my job to listen then educate the individual about what is possible and the potential risks and benefits of a procedure. Obviously more often than not we reach an accommodation,however sometimes what a patient wants is not attainable.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
Residual puffy nipples is due to either a weak areola, residual glandular tissue left behind, or both. Discuss your concerns with your surgeon.
Dr. Schuster
Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery Northwest Hospital
Private practice in Baltimore, Maryland
10807 Falls Road
Lutherville, Maryland 21093
410-902-9800
email: info@drschuster.com

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Many surgeons who only do gynecomastia surgery occasionally are not aggressive enough in removing the tissue adequately for fear of a crater or other deformity. As a result, they may leave too much of the "gland" behind, and this can result in persistent puffy nipples.  In other cases, where surgeons only do liposuction to address gynecomastia, where there is significant "gland" in the sub-areolar position, the liposuction actually causes things to look worse, since the residual gland is more obvious.  
The best way to avoid these problems is to work with a surgeon who specializes in gynecomastia, and to express your concerns.  Good luck!
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024