Author Topic: The solution for everyone having upcoming surgery  (Read 2480 times)

Offline rancho

• Posting Member
I had my last week.
I'm back at work. I've been back since the following Monday.
Telling just about eveyrone I had surgery was the best thing ever for so many reasons. you're gonna move slow. Why take vacation time + tell people you hurt your back. You get sympathy, people understand, the pads are gonna look different on everyone. You'll have to go back and see Fielding the next week. I work downtown but it still took 2.5 hours to go there and see him for 5 mins (he said mine looks good. I still sort of have moobs and i guess they are swelled but it looks better.)
With Tensor on, i look great - overall, very happy. It was a shitty weekend of ignoring everyone I know but whatever, it's over. I had my GF helping - I also suggest confiding in at least 1 person.
You can likely pay on the day of - as they asked me if I had paid already when i got to the hospital.
i'm wearing a tight T - with the tensor over it BECAUSE IT'S ITCHY AS FUCKIN' HELL, i was gonna have to leave work and i have a regular long sleeve button down and I look better than normal I think and i'm Post a week I guess.
Fielding must be loaded - the guy was doing like 10-15 patients an hour in the post op area....

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!!!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Fielding must be loaded.

Ya think?   ;)

John.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2005, 12:23:39 PM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline c3ntralp3rk

• Silver Member
  • there is hope.
congrats bro.
yeah i understand what you mean about the initial days of discomfort/hiding things from other people.

but as you said, you should confide in atleast one person (somebody you can trust with your life). because it really gets frustrating to go around carrying this 'secret'.

tell that one person, and then jump for joy in front of them! it'll make much more sense than jumping in joy in front of people whom you told you're getting 'upper body surgery' or that you're getting surgery since you got injured in the gym, hehe.

anyways,
congtrats once more.
as all the surgery "veterans" have said.. surgery is the hard part, welcome to the other side.  :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024