Author Topic: my blood test results, opinions please  (Read 7357 times)

Offline matthew1

• Gold Member
 I  have had two seperate  blood test done in the last month [one at my own expense] to test for  hormone issues.
   I am taking these results next week to a doctor with a company called '' bodylogicmd''
 http://www.bodylogicmd.com/  to see if I am a candidate for Testosterone replacement therapy.
 I have made great  personal  changes in my life included stopping the use in alcohol, nicotine and caffiene. I excersize everyday. I am getting poor results with my exercise
       My libido [ sex drive] is shot and I  have other symptoms of low testosterone. I am hypo thyroid,  but that is under control with  synthroid tablets and tested  monthly.
          My nipples are extremely puffy also
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7cf25b3127ccebf679f0cc45d00000036100FcOGbls4Yu

, and but what I can tell from this site, more testosterone will make  nipples worse? If so I will deal with that  with DR Bermant

here are my test numbers                                   range

test  1
t4  free    1.25ng/dl                                      .61-1.76 range
Luteinizing Hormone  LH  3.6                          1.5- 9.3
Testosterone serum         377                        241 - 827
prolactin    5.4                                              2.1 - 17.7
tsh   1.359                                                   .350-5.500

test 2

thyroxine T4  8.6                                      4.5-12.0
TSH  .813                                                .350-5.3
PROLACTIN  7.9                                      2.1-17.1
TESTOSTERONE  SERUM 340                    241-827
FEE TESTOSTERONE 10.0                         6.8-21.5
LUTEINIZING Hormone LH  2.9                  1.5- 9.3

« Last Edit: January 06, 2008, 01:13:22 PM by matthew1 »

Offline matthew1

• Gold Member
I  have had two seperate  blood test done in the last month [one at my own expense] to test for  hormone issues.
   I am taking these results next week to a doctor with a company called '' bodylogicmd''
 http://www.bodylogicmd.com/  to see if I am a candidate for Testosterone replacement therapy.
 I have made great  personal  changes in my life included stopping the use in alcohol, nicotine and caffiene. I excersize everyday. I am getting poor results with my exercise
       My libido [ sex drive] is shot and I  have other symptoms of low testosterone. I am hypo thyroid,  but that is under control with  synthroid tablets and tested  monthly.
          My nipples are extremely puffy also
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7cf25b3127ccebf679f0cc45d00000036100FcOGbls4Yu

, and but what I can tell from this site, more testosterone will make  nipples worse? If so I will deal with that  with DR Bermant

here are my test numbers                                   range

test  1
t4  free    1.25ng/dl                                      .61-1.76 range
Luteinizing Hormone  LH  3.6                          1.5- 9.3
Testosterone serum         377                        241 - 827
prolactin    5.4                                              2.1 - 17.7
tsh   1.359                                                   .350-5.500

test 2

thyroxine T4  8.6                                      4.5-12.0
TSH  .813                                                .350-5.3
PROLACTIN  7.9                                      2.1-17.1
TESTOSTERONE  SERUM 340                    241-827
FEE TESTOSTERONE 10.0                         6.8-21.5
LUTEINIZING Hormone LH  2.9                  1.5- 9.3

bump

Offline skyhawk

• Gold Member
Forgot to run FT3 and estradiol.  Incomplete testing. Pieces of the jiggsaw puzzle are missing, so therefore it is impossible to get the full picture of your thyroid function and sex hormone profile. Also missing is SHBG.

Incomplete panels only lead to incorrect assumptions, which lead to incorrect treatment.

Its a start, but you will need to supplement the missing data.

Offline skyhawk

• Gold Member
I have testosterone deficiencies too. How old are you?

Offline matthew1

• Gold Member
 I am 45

i  have more numbers  from the test I did not  post ,perhaps these help[

T3 uptake  32
free Thyroxine  index  2.8  out of 1.2 to  4.9

Offline matthew1

• Gold Member
I am 45

i  have more numbers  from the test I did not  post ,perhaps these help[

T3 uptake  32
free Thyroxine  index  2.8  out of 1.2 to  4.9

I forgot to add, I took  more test  for the  meeting I have coming up on th 17th from the doctor with  bodylogicmd. I do not have those results  they were a mail oreder kit  but i am sure the two missing tests  you talked about are there

I  can look at my results and see my testosterone is on the low Sided   so I am going to insist on TRT

Offline skyhawk

• Gold Member
Matthew, I am 50 years old and also hypothyroid, being treated for thyroid like you. I also have low Testosterone, but mine is lower than yours. (219) Same symptoms you mentioned.  I think youi and I are in the same boat. I'll PM You.

Offline matthew1

• Gold Member
skyhawk, I  typed a   long response  but I deleted somehow

Offline mizuno

• Gold Member
Matthew,
How much did you pay for those tests?

Offline matthew1

• Gold Member
 one set insurance paid for, second set i think was  a few hundred bucks or so

I paid for a 3rd set   with the  bodylogicmd folks, but I will not get the reulsts till I  visit the doctor. Actually I paid 495 for test , includes a consultation with the TRT doc

I am   fortunate that money is  not a big issue for me so I can  hire and fire   doc s I do not like and move on.  Hope the surgeon I use does  not read this he  will up the price

Offline flex1appeal

Matthew, All your tests fall in the normal range though your test levels are in the low normal range. I fall in a similar category only I am 35 so I definately should be higher. My endo told me that he could do test therapy though he didn't recommend it since my levels were still in the normal range. So not sure what your doctor will tell you. Age is a factor and someone in their 50's may have a test level as low as yours though someone in their 20's or 30's should probably be in the higher range like 500-700. Get your estradiol checked for sure. I saw no mention of this and the ratio of test to estrogen is very important to know. regards

flex

Offline matthew1

• Gold Member
 I went  and had my  first appointment with   bodylogicmd  doctor, they are great  and specialize in hormone therapy.  They did their own tests  and  came up  with the followig

cortisol  17.6           3.7 - 9.5  range
free  t3  2.4               2.5-6.5   range
estadiol   81              considered  high
testosterone 357      400 - 1200 range
ratio  t/shbg  .3         .7-1.0 normal

bunch of other stuff in  normal range

starting on  the  following meds right away

arimidex  1mg tablet   [ this med  block estrogen]

T3  30MCG SR           30 STRENTH 

TESTOSTERONE CREAM  1ML  ONCE A DAY

SUPPLEMENTS

EPA-DHA extrastr EE 120c   [metagenics]