Author Topic: Multiple Surgeries  (Read 830 times)

Offline Bighen

April 2017 I had bilateral gynecomastia surgery performed. Several days after the surgery I noticed one breast had essentially no gland removed, only fat liposuction had been performed. The other side was performed with 100% removal and 100% satisfaction. Doctor told me not to worry about it and to wait. I followed his instruction.

Move forward to June 2018, I went back for a yearly check up and explained the gland had not changed and was fully visible. I am around a 12% body fat percentage so it is noticeable. He agreed and performed a revision January 2019 at no cost.

I am now one week post surgery and I can feel where he has cut it out but I still feel it on top of the muscle. Unlike the other side where I feel absolutely no gland - it’s muscle and skin, completely flat and looks amazing.

Should I be concerned about this? I would like feedback prior to meeting with the doctor. I just don’t understand how there could not be 100% removal on a second surgery. Or is this just part of the process and there would potentially be a third?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I understand and sympathize with your concerns.  But it is still extremely early after your second procedure to draw any conclusions.  Bear in mind, what counts is the appearance -- not what it feels like.  If your chest is smooth, flat and symmetric with the other side, then just be patient and allow everything to settle down and heal.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024