Author Topic: Surgeon in Calgary or Alberta area?  (Read 14130 times)

Offline FB

• Silver Member
because most PS's do the procedure from their own facilities and can easily collect the full fee. Fielding does his through the hospital... so the excision, hospital bed etc is all covered through OHIP or whatever provincial plan you are on. He just has to charge you for the lipo.

i'm guessing not many PS's do this operation at a hospital.

Offline BAC

• Posting Member
  • what
That's good, I have consultation on Wed. at the hospital.  I hope it works out, I've been waiting since june  >:(

Offline alteredbeast

• Posting Member
They will fully cover it in Alberta, you just have to find the right doctor.  Both Dr.Campbell and Dr.Haugrud in Calgary will bill it back to provincial healthcare (excision only, lipo you have to pay for).

Offline BAC

• Posting Member
  • what
Yep, I'm fully covered for it.  :)

Offline wishfulflyer

Hi all, have been secretly reading this board for a while now, and realize that I'm not a freak, but one with a problem that can be corrected.

I, like a lot of you guys here, have been suffering for years, and now need it taken care of.

I recently found a Dr. who is willing to see me (he has done my hand surgery) about gyno, except that, he has restrictions, and my case is weight. When my family Dr. sent my referral to him, I was called in 3 days, but found out that I was too heavy to be seen.  They ask your height and weight, and I have found that i'm 10lbs too heavy (i've lost 31 lbs in the last 2 months, so the next ten will go fast since I have a goal now).
He is Dr. Sinclair in Canmore, and he operates in Banff, I didn't mind the drive there for my first surgery, so I'm sure this will be no big problem again either.
So if there are any of you men out there, light enough, you may want to give him a call, he does see you without a referral, but it does cost $125 + GST.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024