Author Topic: Before and 3 months After surgery pics (Only gland removal)  (Read 8914 times)

Offline nibbbble

• Posting Member
Hey everyone!

I had my surgery roughly 3 months ago. Only glands were removed, there was no liposuction done.
Drains were placed after the surgery, which was a pain in the ass, but they didn't leave any unpleasant scars.

Please check and comment my pre-op and post-op pictures. So far I'm very happy with the results.

Offline nibbbble

• Posting Member

Offline nibbbble

• Posting Member
Fourth: I have been trying to workout a lot after recovering from the surgery:).

Offline nibbbble

• Posting Member

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Excellent results!  It looks like you have lost weight after surgery as well -- which will only make the results even better.

Congratulations!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline nibbbble

• Posting Member
Excellent results!  It looks like you have lost weight after surgery as well -- which will only make the results even better.

Congratulations!

Dr Jacobs

Thanks! I haven't lost any weight though, I have actually gained around 6 lbs lately. Apparently the glands were bigger than I thought.
In the pre-op pictures I'm sitting down while in the post-op I'm standing up, that might cause the "weight loss effect".

I have one question: Is it normal, that even after 3 months the area around my nipples still hurt when I press my chest against something?
Also, if you take a look at the first and the last post-op picture, you can see that the area is still slightly darker (bruised?).

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Gyne surgery is real surgery -- it takes many months for things to settle down.  Some tenderness, twinges, etc may persist for six months or more -- it is all normal and no need to worry.

Can't comment about discoloration -- the pix are not great.

Dr Jacobs

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
What a great result!  I know you must be really happy.  Yours is a perfect example of how your areolar diameter usually decreases after the breast tissue beneath it is removed.  It's a much more masculine appearance. 

Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline MrRoach

• Posting Member

Offline morpheus11

• Silver Member
congrats man!  those are some excellent results.  it even looks like some lipo was done. you have little to no fat in the chest area. 

congrats again. now go buy some new shirts!

Offline nibbbble

• Posting Member
Thank you everyone! I have bought new t-shirts and found old good ones which look great now! And been to the beach too.

Someone might find this interesting: The surgeon used glue instead of stitches, which seemed to work very well!

Offline Neil123

• Bronze Member
Hi can you please explain "glue instead of stiches"?
results look great but to be honest it looks like lipo was indeed done. I mean where did all the fat from the first pics go:)

Offline nibbbble

• Posting Member
Hi can you please explain "glue instead of stiches"?
results look great but to be honest it looks like lipo was indeed done. I mean where did all the fat from the first pics go:)

After the surgery, the wounds were closed with a special type of glue, instead of using stitches. The glue wore off automatically in about a month.

I should maybe ask my doctor again if lipo was done. He said before the surgery that he probably won't do it. I think the glands were just so large, making the breasts look bigger overall. After removal they just went down? I'm not 100% sure to be honest, but considering the price of the surgery it seems that no lipo was done.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024