Author Topic: Is crazy glue a safe method to conceal puffy nipples?  (Read 3837 times)

Offline GynoIsTerrible

I've been lurking the forums for a while now and I haven't come up with a conclusion on whether or not crazy glue is safe on the nipples. Some say it works like a charm, and others are against it. Thought I would ask the professionals about this subject.

I am 21 year old male who has had gynecomastia (puffy nipples) for as long as I can remember. I am physically fit and active, and have muscle on my chest.

My question is: Is crazy glue safe to use on the nipples to help keep them hardened throughout the day to conceal the puffiness? Also, are there any long term side effects from using the glue?

I have tried the liquid bandage approach, and that short term remedy didn't last very long.

Thank you so much in advance for your time and input! I can provide photos if necessary.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I have heard of crazy glue.  The problem is that long term, any frequently applied chemical, adhesive tape, etc will ultimately affect the skin.  There can be irritation, secondary infection, hyperpigmentation, etc.  In fact, just this week, I operated on a guy who had taped his nipples flat for a long time.  He had hyperpigmentation surrounding the areolas -- and I don't know if it will disappear -- ever.

Best advice, without surgery, is to wear a firm compression garment to provide a better shape.  Yes, it does have some limitations during the warm weather, but at least it can hide the puffy nipples for most of the time.  Ultimately, you may decide upon surgery to permanently remove them.  If so, make sure you do your research and find an experienced gyne surgeon in your area.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline GynoIsTerrible

I have heard of crazy glue.  The problem is that long term, any frequently applied chemical, adhesive tape, etc will ultimately affect the skin.  There can be irritation, secondary infection, hyperpigmentation, etc.  In fact, just this week, I operated on a guy who had taped his nipples flat for a long time.  He had hyperpigmentation surrounding the areolas -- and I don't know if it will disappear -- ever.

Best advice, without surgery, is to wear a firm compression garment to provide a better shape.  Yes, it does have some limitations during the warm weather, but at least it can hide the puffy nipples for most of the time.  Ultimately, you may decide upon surgery to permanently remove them.  If so, make sure you do your research and find an experienced gyne surgeon in your area.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs

Dr. Jacobs,

Thank you for your response!

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
I suspect you know the answer to this , however there is no incredibly simple pour it on and everything is fine solution. Temporary solution are just that,temporary.The solution to excess tissue is removal of the tissue excess.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024