Author Topic: 20 days post-op.........CONCERNED :(  (Read 5233 times)

Offline marmite

• Posting Member
I just had my second gyne operation 20 days ago and I'm a little bit stressed.

My chest seems to have an indent on both sides above the nipple and it looks really wierd especially when flexed almost to the point of a fold above the nipple.  When I feel the indentation it feels really hollow, the rest of my chest I can feel muscle and tissue.  I'm a bigger guy (muscular) which makes it look even worse

The first surgery I had was done 6 years ago. Even though my gyne was much more of an issue then,  everything went smoothly.  I had very minor swelling and bruising and I was pretty much healed up in about 4 weeks.

About a year ago I started taking propecia and my gyne flared up again.  I guess i'm kinda prone!  It wasn't half as bad as last time although I still wanted it taken care of. Now I'm having second thoughts :(  I had much more swelling this time round as well as fluid build up.  The swelling has now subsided but i'm left with these damn indentations.  Second surgery was done by a different PS than the first cause he could only fit me in a year and a half later.

Am I stressing for nothing here?  Is 20 days not enough time for things to sort themselves out.  I guess I just never had this issue last time!!

Thanks in advance for any help!

Offline RyanMace

• Gold Member
Would u mind posting some pictures?

Offline marmite

• Posting Member
Don't have any pics right now unfortunately but I will take some and post them shortly.

Anyone else have this same ordeal 3 weeks post op?

Its wierd because I had so much swelling this time round I was concerned that there wasn't enough taken out.  Now that the swelling has subsided it looks like too much was taken out.

I hope this is just part of the healing process??? :-[

Offline marmite

• Posting Member

Offline RyanMace

• Gold Member
Looks like there's some scartissue on your left side. Although, I'm not sure. You're just 10 days post-op bro :) But, I'm sure youäll get some comfing answers from the pro's soon.

Regards, Ryan.

Offline marmite

• Posting Member
Looks like there's some scartissue on your left side. Although, I'm not sure. You're just 10 days post-op bro :) But, I'm sure youäll get some comfing answers from the pro's soon.

Regards, Ryan.

20 days post op, thanks for the input, hope to get some more before i go for my follow up visit with my surgeon in a couple weeks

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
doesn't look too bad, do u feel any gland left there? 20 days is very early and this is around when mine looked  worst. scar tissue distorts the nipple significantly for some time after surgery, i found massaging (hard) popped some of the scar tissue and made it look heaps better. im unsure if this is good for the overall healing process or would be recommended by  a doctor but its done the job so far.

Offline marmite

• Posting Member
No, doesn't really feel like there is any gland left, feels kind of hollow in there actually, thats why I was concerned that too much was possibly taken out.   

The incisions took a lot longer to heal this time round for some reason so I could only start massaging a couple of days ago.  Maybe I just need to wait this out, I don't know.

I'm also carrying around a bit of extra weight at the moment too and haven't been able to hit the gym since my surgery (3 weeks)

Any more input???   ???

Offline marmite

• Posting Member
Bumping this to the top for more input  ??? ???

Offline braveboy

• Gold Member
  • formerly shyboy
hey,dude i know 20 days is still soon to see a final result,but i,ve been there where i had a complicaton and in my opinon i do not think that time will fix you chest.Sorry  but i think you will need a fat graft at some point.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024