Author Topic: 4 days post op. (concerned)  (Read 6208 times)

Offline typhus

• Posting Member
hey just had a look at my surgery and there really doesn't seem to be a difference as far as i can tell. The right is a little bit bigger than the left so obviously there must be a slight difference in the left but not enough to really notice. can someone tell me if this is just swelling? do i have to wait a while to actually see any results?

thanks.

Offline typhus

• Posting Member
thanks, afer the surgery i was told only very small glands were removed and most of it was fat so it was mainly lipo i got. thanks for clearing that up for me!

DrBermant

hey just had a look at my surgery and there really doesn't seem to be a difference as far as i can tell. The right is a little bit bigger than the left so obviously there must be a slight difference in the left but not enough to really notice. can someone tell me if this is just swelling? do i have to wait a while to actually see any results?

thanks.

How much swelling after surgery can depend on the original problem, surgical techniques, skill of your surgeon, aftercare, how you heal, and other factors.  I prefer techniques that minimize swelling.  However, more extensive sculpture tends to have more swelling.  Check out the typical swelling for my Male Mastopexy Internal Lift.  You can see many examples of different types of surgery and swelling on my site when you look for "healing" and "evolution" as part of the description in the navigation frame.

Posting standardized pictures can be helpful if you want others to see what you are talking about.  However, if you are concerned about your swelling, your doctor is the best for specific answers about what is going on.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline typhus

• Posting Member
thanks for your help,  i really appreciate it.

Offline typhus

• Posting Member
Hey,

Just got the stitches out today, there still doesn't seem to be a result, the surgeon said i'd see results in about a month. Anyone had the operation who didn't see any results at all for the first month?

Offline sean88

• Posting Member
look mate. I just had my op 3 days ago. Lypo only because my glands are too small to bother with. I see absolutely no results. My gyne looks exactly the same size. Im in the same position as you. I hope its just swelling because I will feel very stupid at the beach if it stays this way.

Offline typhus

• Posting Member
i don't think i'll even be taking a coat off in summer if it's still like this, i'll be two weeks post op on monday, looking at other pictures people have taken there should be more noticeable results, but then maybe other people only take pictures months after cos thats when theyve noticed a change, i'm not sure, i'm goin to wait another 2 weeks so i've waited a month, if there's still no difference at all i think i'll ask the ps if theres sumthing wrong.

Offline c3ntralp3rk

• Silver Member
  • there is hope.
dude. you see yourself every single day.. maybe the difference isn't that apparent yet.

remember, everybody heals differently. you have to give yourself time.

i realize, around the 2-3 week period, you get *very* paranoid sometimes.. especially if you feel that your results are not on par with what you expected..

what did the doctor tell you?

what the doctor, should have told you, is that it takes 4-6 months for results of your surgery to be apparent.

it's a body, not a block of clay that an artist can remodel and put it in the oven to bake to get it to set in a few hours..

think about when you work out.. think about how long your body takes to recover from the workout, and think about how long it takes for it to show the work that you've put in..

it's a similar procedure here. mitosis at play. give your body some time. let it heal. and maybe this will do you some good. try not to look at your chest too often, this way, maybe even you will be able to see the changes more clearly..

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024