Author Topic: Gyno surgery with General surgeon and no vest given.  (Read 3127 times)

Offline dfoush21

• Posting Member
I had surgery this morning. My insurance paid for it so I had general surgeon do it. She didnt tell me to buy compression vest or ace wraps, or anything to keep the fluid down. I had bilateral surgery, I had real noticeable puffy nipples.
I'm really worried, what shoul I do?

Offline cduub

• Silver Member
How did you get your insurance to cover it?

hammer

Congrats!  I have never had this surgery but from what I have read not everyone gets the vest so I'm not sure what to think about that!

My best to you though for a full and great recovery!

God Bless,

Bob

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
You complained of soreness and so you got a General Surgeon who removed the source of your soreness. If you have a cosmetically acceptable result You should be thankful and perhaps even a bit surprised.

Not all surgeons put their patients in compression garments. There could be several reasons for this. If the cosmetic result was not the primary concern, then swelling post operatively might also not be a major concern. The extent of liposuction maight also be a determining factor.

I do wish you well, but I think you  took a needless risk by not getting a well qualified Cosmetic Surgeon.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
"I think you  took a needless risk by not getting a well qualified Cosmetic Surgeon."

100% agree with you there Dan...

A qualified Cosmetic Surgeon who 'Specializes' in Gynecomastic Reduction Surgery is the always the best route to take...

However, if someone else is paying for the procedure, ie: an insurance company,you will often have very little say in 'who' performs the surgery...   :-X :-\ :-X

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024