Author Topic: Is this bad liposuction or a build up of fluid?  (Read 2403 times)

Offline Shabaz007

Hi All,
I had gynecomastia operation on 1s March 2013 which consisted of lipo and excision. :) Immediately I witnessed decent results. I used the compression vest on for approx 6 weeks. Attached are pics.

I am now 11 weeks into recovery and I need advice if my recovery in terms of healing and swelling reduction is normal. Reason for posting on this forum is because I travelled to perform my surgery therefore I have had minimum post op check-ups.

My right side is bigger than the left. I appreciate it can take up to 6 months to witness the ultimate results and asymmetry is common post op surgery. However I am concerned about the small lump on the right side which is noticeable. Please view attached AFTER photos. The last pic is a close up.

Noticeable on the right side where the liposuction scar is a soft tender feeling underneath the nipple. Is this part of my normal recovery stage? Is this swelling or will require potential aspiration? My assumption is this might be a seroma. However I am not sure.

Will I require an additional surgery? Or shall I wait longer? My surgeon advised me to massage I have been doing this for the last month.

Any advice from a surgeon or doctor will be appreciated.

Offline Shabaz007

This is the first time I posted on this forum, I have not heard Any response yet. Any assistance will be appreciated. Thanks

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Six weeks is very early in the healing process and many changes are still to occur as your body heals.  Therefore, any comments on the appearance now are simply premature -- it may be different in a month.

Best advice is to relax and allow Mother Nature to take her course.  Keep in touch with your surgeon, even if it is only by email.

After six months or more, you will be looking at close to the final results.  Recommend you put some before and after photos on this forum at that time and I am sure you will receive some constructive advice.

In the meantime, try to relax.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline butch136

hi i had my surgery on the 5th december 2012 so its been a 6 months since my op. my left side had been bigger since day 1 i wore the garment for 12 weeks.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I think you should return to your surgeon and have a discussion about the results of the operation.  what you have at 6 months is pretty much close to the final result.

Dr Jacobs

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024