Author Topic: Surgery experience with General Surgeon - Ask away  (Read 2081 times)

Offline Bearclaw1048

I have never in my life posted on a forum but I thought I would share since gyno has been weighing on me for 6 years. I am 28 and I got gyno when I was about 22. It was just glandular one being a tad bigger than the other..it was at least the size of a golf ball. I had puffy puffy nipples to where I never wore t-shirts of any kind. I had to wear undershirts with everything I wore and never took my shirt off at the beach or anywhere like that. I was beyond mentally and emotionally hurt by having this.. I never wanted to have surgery bc i literally pass out when I see needles or blood or anything. my left glad began to grow about 2 months ago and it began to worry me. After feeling a lump on top of the gland and feeling miserable for the past years i finally said its time. I went straight to a gen surgeon and got it checked out. He felt the lump on top of the gland so he ordered a mammo and ultrasound and everything came back normal...its just gyno he said...he said they dont typically take them out if they dont have to. I said well its time to do it. I scheduled the surgery for the following week and met with him two days prior to make sure he planned to take everything out.. Every last piece of the devil under my skin needed to be out. I almost canceled the night before bc I was so scared. I went through it though. Brought my head phones in and told every single person how scared I was to get the IV. I told the receptionist at the front desk like she could do something lol. I was out of it i was so nervous. I got in the pre op room where they gave me a gown and now came the IV. I didnt feel a thing and didnt even know when they put it in me thank god. the anesthesiologist came in right after and the rest is history. I woke up in the recovery room and asked the nurse when the surgery was going to start? she said your all done. I looked down and there i was with bandages on my nipples and a bandage around my entire chest...here i am one week later and already know it was the best decision I have every made in my life. My stitches are under the skin and pretty much dissolved and the cut was right under the nipple less than half around it. I had drains for 3 days that were not to bad. The first day I was sore but after that its all manageable. I have no pain now a week later and my nipples and chest look amazing already... 

Offline cky2k

• Bronze Member
Good stuff buddy! glad to see you are happy with the results. Im sure we have all been in the same boat. Personally I was scared for weeks leading up to my surgey but on the day when I woke up I was weirdly excited. The reason I was excited is because I knew after today I would be done with the Gyno that has haunted me for years! Its a great feeling. I am almost 3 months post op and couldn't be happier. I actually want to take my shirt off infront of people now!

It only gets better from here on! Make sure you keep us posted with your progress. Always good to hear of success stories.

DB

Offline Bearclaw1048

2 weeks post op - still looks great. Today was the first day I didn't wear a bandage to work. Today was also the first day in a very long time I didn't wear an undershirt with a polo shirt around. Feels amazing. if any one is questioning having it done. DO IT...you wont regret it. I have a small scar that ive been told will go away but besides that, scab fell off and I can already take my shirt off. Really weird how fast it healed but im not complaining.

Offline Bearclaw1048

CKY...cool deal man. glad to hear it from you too. yes it has haunted a lot of us.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024