Author Topic: Bra wearing no shame  (Read 2844 times)

Orb

I know, for many there isn't much more to say.  We have experimented and found what works.  Underwire for those of us who need the added shaping and comfort to the sports bra and also the soft cup.  I just wanted to to invite the many readers out there to reach out and ask questions.  There is no off question.  There is a plethora of bra styles out there.  All have  their place.  All claiming style and comfort.  Finding what works, is comfortable and " none detectable" is a topic worth exploring.  I had a busy morning, out and about, forgetting what I'm wearing yet understanding I'm presentable.
  All to often it doesn't take big money to find that happy place.  I just replaced a few, jumping a cup size.  Macy's, had sale prices on inexpensive working about bras.  

Offline Rich meier

• Gold Member
still experimenting with underwired to get the right fit size chart say I should be a 46c but dont fill out just git a 46a that works. prefer the hook style sports bras

Orb

Let me just add.  I'm one to share my gifts, just not one put them on display.;)
Those of us wearing find a way to be comfortable without putting it out there.  I'm me. My body is mine and I'm proud to occupy this being.  Some days working in the shop a utilitarian bra is all I need.  

Orb

still experimenting with underwired to get the right fit size chart say I should be a 46c but dont fill out just git a 46a that works. prefer the hook style sports bras
Nothing wrong with that Rich.  We, humans,vary in body shapes. Period.  Love you and find what works for you. 
Just a comment.  Not all charts are equal.  The only way to get the proper fit is to try.
I have 38-40 B C & D cup.  All in different styles.

Orb

Also, to Rich's comment about hook closer style bras. 
  Your not alone.  Many want the no hook in the back however cant get into one without.  I for one tore my rotator  cuff twice, had my wrist rebuilt, and can only navigate a back closer style. We all find that happy place.
One that works for us. No harm, no foul!

Cheers

aboywithgirls

To Rich's original post. If anyone here has any questions or looking for any suggestions about bras, styles, propper fitting, I am happy to answer any questions you may have. Feel free to PM me.

🤗 Sophie

Offline Rich meier

• Gold Member

Offline Johndoe1

I have found that sizing charts are not helpful because everyone is different shape, size and location. Not all bras fit equally. Even from the same manufacturer or model. To get a bra that fits, you have try it on. You have to put the girls in the cups and tighten the straps to be sure it works. This is a hard thing for guys. Admitting you need a bra is one thing. Going and buying one that works is something totally different. And then wearing it daily is something else again. These are all acceptance points one must go through for acceptance. And we all are at different levels along this line. And not everyone will totally accept and that is OK too. Everyone's situation is different and that is fine. Go as far as you need or want. Bottom line is that you are comfortable physically as well as mentally with your situation and condition. Women have been living with breasts a long time. They have it figured out. There's a lot we can learn from them and still maintain our male identity. Breasts are a very natural thing. Everyone has them and everyone has a different level of development. That's natural. It's society that has the problem when a man develops a perceived feminine trait like breasts.

Having Sophie here is a huge plus for us. She has walked in our shoes before and has said she is willing to help us. We should seek her out her knowledge and advice. We are very lucky to have this wonderful resource. Thank you Sophie!
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline SideSet

Best way to figure out your bra size and which bras work best for you is to go in for a fitting and then try on bras. Be aware that it will take quite some time in the shop, because you usually have to try on a good number of bras to get the right bra for you.  Also, I know the idea of walking in, getting fitted, trying on, working with the sales associate, and most likely being around other women also shopping for bras can csuse anxiety.   However, almost all women, when they see you have breasts like them will empathize and sympathize and be OK or even kind and helpful while you are doing your bra shopping 

Offline Rich meier

• Gold Member
I dont have a problem with some one seeing or touching me but cant bring myself to get fitted . would be too embarrassed. I suppose a smaller place or a botique would be better but would they be willing to fit a male. and then trying to find a small botique or shop may be like in a big city you can. but not near one. pluse inthe deep south I would be afraid of an attitude or not wanting to do it. one thing I have read is if you do get fitted they say wear yoir best bra. os that true.I wonder how many of you here do that, wear your best bra

Offline Johndoe1

Yes. Find a small locally owned shop. Most are happy to fit men. And most will be happy to set up a time to do it to make things more comfortable for you. If the shop sells mostly expensive bras, bras over $100, move on. But a shop that carries a good line of bras is a great candidate. And believe me, you will not be the first man they have fitted. Just give them a call and explain you have gynecomastia and would they be willing to do a private fitting. 9 out of 10 times they will be happy to accommodate.

Offline Rich meier

• Gold Member
thank you very much

Offline Johndoe1

thank you very much
Since my local shop closed due to COVID, I have been buying on line from several shops around the country. One is in SC and they know I am a man and have gynecomastia. They even invited me to stop in for a fitting if I were ever in the area. So even in the South, shops are accessible to men.

Offline SideSet

Understandably it can feel awkward getting your first bra fitting.  Call ahead and see how they react.  Soma is a welcoming place. 

Offline jan1north

• Posting Member
I too have had good experiences in 3 area Soma stores as well as 2 area Torrid stores and 2 area VS. Finding a less busy time mid-week helps. I have received sympathetic help, respect, warmth and kindness by the SA’s in every case.  I’m only a modest 40B/C but like everyone who sought any item of clothing I have found a lot of variation in sizing - trying on is the solution - and even better is a guided fitting!

I will introduce myself to a SA with something like this, “My doctors have left me somewhat busty, and corrective surgery not an option at this time.  I have found wearing a bra helps manage motion and chafing and I believe I am about a 40C.  Do you have time to measure and fit me?”  Obviously you can tune the story to fit your journey but I have found something like this to be a good opening to begin a sympathetic conversation.

I’ve only had one “bad” experience at a Von Maur.  An older SA became flustered and sent me to the mens department!?

If you have a Kohl’s in your area, finding help is difficult so grab a shopping bag at the front of the store, walk through the lingerie department, select some bras and go try them on in a changing room back in men’s.  There’s often a sale rack with 50% discount that should be looked over as well.  

I too was quite nervous the first time I mustered the courage to request a fitting.  The warm sympathetic response eased my fears (and got them a sale).  

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024