Author Topic: POST-OP WORK OUT  (Read 2708 times)

Offline happyclam

• Posting Member
Feels good to be back at the gym. Today was my first real workout three weeks exactly after surgery. Under the watchful eye of my wife I did about 40 minutes of cardio. Felt good. For anybody planning to go back to the gym, start slowly. I wore a compression T under my gym Tshirt and that seems to have helped. I wouldn't mind hearing workout experiences from anybody else out there. I don't plan to do any type of weight lifting for at least another month or so. Looking forward to getting back into it though.

Offline PeterBateman

• Gold Member
I'm 3 weeks today, and I've been walking briskly on treadmill for 2 weeks, each day about for 45 minutes to 1 hour.  No weights or anything else until 6 weeks post op....brutal.

Offline happyclam

• Posting Member
I know the feeling. I can't wait to get back to the weights and my routines. I feel like a bump on a log. I have to admit though that it feels mighty fine to see myself in the mirrors at the gym with a flat chest. You're three weeks as well? Other than a bit of redness around the chest, no more bruising. Are you stil wearing any type of tensor bandage or compression shirt? I bought some compression Ts - seems to the trick, but no more bandage.

Offline PeterBateman

• Gold Member
No bruising, but sore still in several places, some tender spots, and I have a rash from who knows what ONLY on the areas I rub 3 times a day, so obviously it has to do with some cream I've been using.  I still wear a compression vest from my dr. 24 hrs a day, for another 3 weeks.  

Offline happyclam

• Posting Member
I bought  a compression vest from my doctor as well ($50) - the one with the zipper. I can't stand it. That's why I went to the compression Ts (Nike). What kind of vest do you wear? I've been using the Arnica gel and vitamin E oil. No rash. It's doing the trick in reducing scar tissue.

Offline PeterBateman

• Gold Member
same vest, with a zipper down the front.  im used to it now, but its a pain in the a$$.  now im using ivory soap to massage 3x a day, and since cortisone cream wasn't getting rid of the rash, now im using penaten cream on it...it seems to be quickly getting rid of some of it.  i go to my dr. soon so I'll ask him about it.  

Offline rocketrob

• Silver Member
  • GYNO IS A BIATCH!
Hey guys.... I was 3 weeks post op on Friday Nov-10.

Had my first chest/Tri work out today!!! Sat-11

Ps gave me the OK to do weights if I felt like it, so I did.... Nipples still feel numb and wierd (u know what I mean) but everything went perfectly....

Did 4 sets of incline on Smith machine (60% )
     2 sets of high rep pec deck
     2 sets of flat machine press (60%)

3 sets of tricep cable pushdowns
     2 sets of dumbell kickbacks

IM BACK BABY!!!!!!!!!   ;D

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024