Author Topic: stretch marks?  (Read 2642 times)

Offline desi

• Gold Member
do stretch marks indicate loose skin?? i was told by one doc that i have stretch marks and that indicates not optimum skin. what does this mean? should i be concerned that the skin will not fix to the new contour after surgery? i am 169 lbs , 5'8" ..i dont think im overweight. i do have stretch marks since more than 10 yrs.. i.e. direct result of weight loss????

need ur feedback!:)
Formerly, 'Fattgayee', as in 'Torn Apart' or more so 'I am Screwed' :)

Offline gabbyhey

• Gold Member
Stretch marks are not from loose skin, at least i've never heard of that.  Stretch marks are a result of gaining weight too fast for your skin to adapt.  Are the stretch marks bright red, or normal skin color?  The brighter they are, the more recent they are.  As for the skin fixing to your new contour, it depends on how much extra skin you'll have.  It's hard to say for sure.  So anyway, these are questions that only your doctor may be able to answer.  Is the doctor you talked to a plastic surgeon?  If not, a plastic surgeon has more experience with these kind of questions.

Offline desi

• Gold Member
yea, gabby, it was a plastic surgeon.. :(

he said its not optimal skin, and said that it a chance that we have to take.. some skins fit real good after surgery, in my case it might not be that great of a fit. i asked him my skin would droop, he said no, u dont have to wory abt that part.. but the remark has confused me..

these stretch marks are very old.. more than 10 yrs.. just white in color.. so im concerned that even after spending so much $$ on surgery, would i have loose skin givin the same appearance as gyno>??

Offline gabbyhey

• Gold Member
Yeah, that was a weird remark from your ps.  You don't have to worry about it drooping but it may not fit well?  What the heck does that mean?  Maybe he means ripples or something.   :-\ ??

Offline reaper33

• Silver Member
try using strivectin sd, i heard its good and its exp, it almost erases the stretch marks, gets rid of discoloration if there is any, and also tightens the skin, and im not advertising, i myself gonna start using it after my surgery, and ask your ps about it first, good luck

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024