Author Topic: Broccoli is your friend...  (Read 3261 times)

King_kaboodle

………………
« Last Edit: September 05, 2020, 12:59:03 AM by King_kaboodle »

Offline jessegyne

• Posting Member
 ;D thanks for sharing ;D

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member

I have read of some evidence that all cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli cabbage and cauliflower are beneficial in controlling oestrogen levels. I seem to recall it was something to do with the enzymes in these plants which when chewed releases something called DIM (diindolylmethane .. I had to look that one up).

I gather you have to eat pretty large quantities of these vegetable to realise the benefits, but the actual DIM can be bought as a supplement to diet.

There has been mention of DIM on these boards a year or so ago, so perhaps doing a search or “googling” it might give some more information.

Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline normexcept

• Bronze Member
What?  are you saying "Eat your vegetables"?  Where have I heard that before? :D

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The problem is that you'd need to eat vegetables by the ton to get enough of the active agent. Even the concentrated extracts are rather weak.

There are Scammers who put together a variety of herbal products based upon such suggested advantages and the two things that all these products have in common are that none of them work and they are almost always expensive.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024