Author Topic: Broccoli?  (Read 6756 times)

Offline IHELP

• Posting Member
I heard Brocolii contains some chemical that reduces estrogen. IS this true? And will it help my gyno in anyway possible if i eat a lot of it?

Offline Stardog

• Posting Member
The herb turmeric can help apparently. I don't think these things would have much of an effect though

You're 15, so I don't think you should worry about it...I had gyno when I was 15, got all worried and it went away within a year. 90% of pubertal gyno does go away by itself, your hormones are just adjusting at the moment.

Offline tunapuff

• Bronze Member
Yes, broccoli contains indoles and DIM which helps naturally reduce estrogen and its good for you.....so eat up.  I don't think it'll fix your gyne, but eating broccoli is still good.

Offline IHELP

• Posting Member
To stardog : ive had gyno since im guessing about when i was 12 so maybe its permanent?

And also is steamed brocolli good also, and is too much brocolli bad for u ?

Offline tunapuff

• Bronze Member
steamed brocolli is good....and unless brocolli is the only thing you're eating i doubt it's going to bad for you if you eat a lot of it.  Be careful with eating tons of raw brocolli though.....I dunno about you, but it upsets my stomach.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Be careful with eating tons of raw brocolli though.....I dunno about you, but it upsets my stomach.

Gives you gas!  :P

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
It is truly astounding how much bad information there is on the internet and how fast it reproduces. Some time back there was a guy who was trying to convince us that he got Gynecomastia from eating Broccoli.

It is true that there are plant compounds that are very similar to our hormones. The difference in their comparative strength is something like one to a thousand. These plant compounds are very weak and the bad one in carrots is likely countered by the good one in lettuce or some such thing.

Eat a varied diet and don't worry so much.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024