Author Topic: Fox News - Spanx for Men  (Read 4509 times)

Offline danp46

• Posting Member
Seems like Fox News was having a little juvenile "fun" with Hollywood stars who show signs of gynecomastia.

http://www.foxnews.com/slideshow/entertainment/2010/02/24/moob-madness

Offline postiey

• Gold Member
there is a few of them on there i think that dont have it! ie tom cruise surely thats not gyno and there is another guy there that is just muscley.
why they target oldmen i just dont see the funny side in that, im sure most old guys get it and dont think twice about it.

its funny that is says jack nicholson still pulls the ladys well im guessing he would with his money lol

Offline WolfParade

• Posting Member
Wow, that's low. But then again, what can you expect from Fox News..

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
This has the appearance of a commercial rather than a news item.

With that in mind, it would not be surprising for it to show up elsewhere as well.

The more important issue that, has been entirely overlooked, is that for some men gynecomastia is simply not a big deal. It should be noted that these are all guys who are making no attempt to conceal their condition. They all have become successful. It seems that none of them has any problem attracting the ladies. Etc.

There is a lesson here for anyone willing to learn.

Added-------

I just returned from an extensive look through the Spanx website, There are photos that are intended to show how well their garments conceal a beer belly but if there is a before and after set of a man with severe gynecomastia I couldn't find it.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 07:24:48 AM by Paa_Paw »
Grandpa Dan

DrBermant

This has the appearance of a commercial rather than a news item.

With that in mind, it would not be surprising for it to show up elsewhere as well.

The more important issue that, has been entirely overlooked, is that for some men gynecomastia is simply not a big deal. It should be noted that these are all guys who are making no attempt to conceal their condition. They all have become successful. It seems that none of them has any problem attracting the ladies. Etc.

There is a lesson here for anyone willing to learn.

Added-------

I just returned from an extensive look through the Spanx website, There are photos that are intended to show how well their garments conceal a beer belly but if there is a before and after set of a man with severe gynecomastia I couldn't find it.

I also did not see examples of that garment for gynecomastia. I had looked at the companies page for before and after examples before and missed that they had any. The one I went back and found is probably fraudulent or fake. The model probably sucked in his belly to show that result or the problem was one of after weight loss and not a "beer belly."

I have been evaluating compression garments for years. It takes a great deal of compression to compress a beer belly, one with a great deal of fat under the muscle layer. These compression garments can improve both gynecomastia and belly, but the belly to a much lesser degree. I have tested many types of such garments, but not that specific brand.

Check out the series of patients I picked to demonstrate this point of what Body Shaping Garments offer. Note how with the after weight loss patient, the effect is the most dramatic for both the chest and belly. For the patients with the greatest amount of body fat, the belly contour is just not as well contoured. The garment shown has 2 layers of this compression fabric and is more forceful than any I have yet to test here in my office. In my pictures, I have the patients relaxing the same before and after wearing the garments.  I also show photos from multiple angles and video on how they move.   For the "beer belly" it has the least advantage, it just cannot compress the bulk of internal stomach fat well.  It can temporarily tighten a loose outer abdominal wall seen frequently after weight loss.

In reading that rude "article", if it is an ad, then it is deceitful.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024