Author Topic: Arnica cream  (Read 2510 times)

Offline shiftend

• Posting Member
My post surgery instructions (from Mr Karadis) mentioned using arnica cream on any bruising around 7 days post op. Today is day 7 post op. I have some arnica cream and plan to start using it tomorrow.

Has anyone else used this and if so what was your experience of it?

Do you think its okay to put some on (after I have a shower and remove my compression vest) and then put the vest back on  shortly after applying the cream? Has anyone else done this?

Sorry for not being able to do a photo diary, but I dont have a camera at the moment! However I will ask Mr Karadis for the pre op pics, the 6 week review ones and then again if I see him after that, not sure if I will though? I will post these pics up if I can and write up all of my experiences.

Many thanks

Offline Ricardo7

• Silver Member
I used it, it seemed to clear up my bruising quite quickly!

However there's no way of telling the bruising wouldn't have just disappeared at the same rate anyway.

Offline shiftend

• Posting Member
Cool, yeah I guess it can do no harm. My bruising is clearing up pretty well now anyway, just a bit yellow all over my chest!

Offline Imbackagain

• Bronze Member
I agree with Ricardo... I used arnica cream, ocassionally from day 7, all if not most of my bruising has gone(nearly 1 month post), if you don't use the arnica then it's not the end of the world, oh and I barely used the arnica tablets too.

Offline about2change

• Silver Member
just eat healthy mate- plenty of good protein and high quality carbs.. the cream is something I personally didn't use, I did however take the tablets for about 3 days though

Offline Nipper

• Gold Member
I used it and it did seem to help with the bruising somewhat, not sure if the pineapple helped but I scoffed loads in my first week post.  The colouring will go by itself I guess, it's the internal swelling and scar tissue you really want to concentrate on.  I still have slight swelling on my right side six months post, decreasing all the time though.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024