Author Topic: My hormone test result  (Read 3513 times)

Offline sider

• Posting Member
I did a hormone test as my doctor request

My hormone test result:
Testosterone 3.36 ng/ml
Estradiol 501 ml

The normal value:
T 2.8-8
E 8-56

But the doctor said that's normal and nothing is wrong with your hormones.

So why the hill there is no medicine fore Gyn?

Offline MRGR

• Posting Member

Thats an excellent question.

-MRGR

Offline Hypo-is-here

I did a hormone test as my doctor request

My hormone test result:
Testosterone 3.36 ng/ml
Estradiol 501 ml

The normal value:
T 2.8-8
E 8-56

But the doctor said that's normal and nothing is wrong with your hormones.

Your testosterone is 336ng/dl in US terms.

This IS VERY low for a young man and boarderline hypogonadal.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Hypo, As usual, is totally correct.

Your Hormone level may be within the overall "Normal" range; but I'm sure you would not be happy with the sex life of a "Normal" Eighty year old. I think that you would be wise to see an Endocrinologist and take your lab reports with you.

Do not be surprised if further hormone tests are required. The hormones do not work alone but act in concert with each other so a broader picture of what is happening may be needed.

Good Luck!
Grandpa Dan

Offline sider

• Posting Member
Oh my God
Thank you Hypo, Paa_Paw
And the Dr told me that every thing is normal !
So, if I treat my hormone prob, could I get ride of gyn?!!?
and what is the normal range for each?
But guys what's "boarderline hypogonadal", "broader picture", "Endocrinologist".
In fact, I didn't see a surgeon yet because I thought that the perv doctor wasn't so good
thanks

Offline Hypo-is-here

plum bottom of the normal range in US terms would be around the 300ng/dl mark.  But like Paw Paw said this is more like normal for an 80 year old, not a young man.  You see the reference range does not differentiate for age.  But the fact is a testosterone level around 700ng/dl upwards is more correct for a young man and anything below 400ng/dl would be treated by a lot of enodcrinologists in the US.

I converted your result to the US range and you are at 336ng/dl.

If left over the years that will drop even further and you would havea much higher chance of developing osteoporosis, obesity, type 2 diabetes etc.

I would imagine that you are of slight built in terms of muscle mass, that you struggle to put on or maintain muscle, that you have thin arms, and you might struggle to lose weight more so than other people.  Low testosterone also often results in poor or limited stamina, gynecomastia and bone pain/back pain can occur.  You might also potentially have memory problems if not now then in time.  Depression and low moods can also be a problem.

Treating testosterone is not straightforward and estradiol, SHBG etc also needs to be taken into consideration.

If you register at this forum you can be helped by more people who can detail what is required.

I am sure they will agree with what I have said so far...

If you need my help pm me

Reagrds,

Chris

« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 01:23:53 PM by Hypo-is-here »

Offline sider

• Posting Member
plum bottom ...... Chris

Oh my god again.
thank you very much Mr Chris. i agree with you, i was exactly 300 lbs in the last years. i became 189.5 lbs since last feb, now i'm 209 lbs, because a kind of depression and gyn ... .
but on other hand. i'm sportive and my muscle, stamina and memory are very good.
any way, you opened my eyes on something serious.
thanks a lot

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024