Author Topic: How bad is my case? Lipo or excision??  (Read 2360 times)

Offline shorty11684

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum, 22 y/o Male, Had gynecomastia since pubery.  However, I'm relatively skinny, 5'11 175 lbs, 31 inch waist, and for how thin my stomach is, my breasts definitely stick out.  I was hoping I could get a little advice from someone on here.

Heres my photos, taken today:

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w124/chaldobruin/Photo9.jpg

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w124/chaldobruin/Photo8.jpg

I recently had two different consults:

1.) First consult was some old dude, been practicing in beverly hills for 25 years, certified by ASPS.  He told me I had a nodule of breast tissue there and he wants to do 100% excision with a scalpel.  I'd have a scar under the nipple...What scares me is that scar, and also the $6500 bucks I'd have to pay.

2.) Second consult was a young guy, been in practice for 5 years, Certified by ASPS.  He was much nicer, listened really well, answered all my questions (the other guy rushed me a little bit).  He told me with a case as mild as mine, he doesn't want me to have the scars under my nipples if I don't have to.  He wants to do some liposuction, and he thinks I'll be happy enough so won't need breast tissue excision.  His fee is $2800 (soo much cheaper, cost is huge for me).  He said if I'm not happy in 4 months, he'll do revision surgery for no cost (except anesthesia fee). 

What do you guys think I should do?  I am leaning towards option #2, mainly because of the cost, low risk of scarring, and because my expectation is not to have a perfect chest, but just to have the area reduced a little so I can stand up straight when I wear t-shirts.  I'd love to hear your feedback.  Thanks so much.

P.S. Has anyone on here had lipo only and been happy with it??

Offline desi

• Gold Member
Formerly, 'Fattgayee', as in 'Torn Apart' or more so 'I am Screwed' :)

Offline PeterBateman

• Gold Member
u need both.  dont get just lipo...no one ive seen on here is ever happy with just lipo.  look at me...i had both and i STILL need a revision...

Offline mmaman

• Silver Member
You need excision, in my unprofessional opinion.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024