Author Topic: gyne pain  (Read 2498 times)

Offline toslowtogofast

i have heard some people talk about having pain when their gyne is active. I have a few questions.

Where is this pain located (i know on the chest but specificlly)
What does it feel like
What is the duration

Thank you

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member
Mine mostly seems to be directly behind the areola, or somewhere around there.  It is a very sharp pain, like there is a piece of glass or a grass burr under the skin.  I don't even have to touch it.  It occurs when I make sudden movements, like turning over in bed, or even leaning forward to get out of a recliner. 

I have had this since my gyne became active, which is over 5 months now.  There has been no let up in the symptoms....if anything, it's gotten worse.  My endocrinologist was surprised to hear that the pain I'm experiencing had lasted 4 months, much less 5 months.  Apparently, not everyone experiences "pain" with their gynecomastia, and when people do, I guess it usually subsides within 3 months, or so.  But not for me.  The pain is still very strong and one of my main complaints. 

The endo gave me a prescription for Tamoxifen for the pain.  It is an anti-estrogen medication, and in the early stages of gyne, has been shown to knock it down pretty rapidly.  Unfortunately, for longer-term gyne, it allegedly does not typically show much benefit.  I have not taken this medication yet, because of feared side effects.  But I'm getting closer to doing so because of the pain. 

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
There is a rather narrow window of opportunity when the anti-Estrogenic drugs will have a beneficial effect. These are not pain killers per-se but drugs that alter your hormone profile. Your delay could minimize the potential benefits.

If you do not have faith in the judgment of the Dr. see another Dr...   If you do have faith in the Dr., why are you delaying using the medication prescribed?
Grandpa Dan

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member
There is a rather narrow window of opportunity when the anti-Estrogenic drugs will have a beneficial effect. These are not pain killers per-se but drugs that alter your hormone profile. Your delay could minimize the potential benefits.

If you do not have faith in the judgment of the Dr. see another Dr...   If you do have faith in the Dr., why are you delaying using the medication prescribed?

There were only a few endo's to choose from on my insurance plan and I picked him at random.  It has nothing to do with me having "faith" in him....I don't even know him.  What he prescribed was very common, but I didn't know how dangerous Tamoxifen was until I got back home and started researching it. 

All meds have side effects, and then there are those that have really BAD potential side effects, and Tamoxifen appears to be one of those (i.e., it has been shown to CAUSE cancer).  We have all heard the line....."the benefit of the medication outweighs the risk".  With Tamoxifen, I'm not sure that it does.  To take it would be like playing Russian Roulette, IMO.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024