Author Topic: what are drains like?  (Read 2360 times)

Offline combatwombat

• Posting Member
how is it having them in? im pretty good at handling pain, but having stuff in me while im just sitting there, just weirds me out.  So, hows it like having them? awkward? uncomfortable? painful?

Offline bv3131

• Posting Member
I would say more akward than anything else.  I had mine in for about a week, but that whole time I was pretty numb.  After a few days, the "holes" where they were going in started to get really sore, but it was never unbearable.  Just try to be careful not to pull on them accidentally while sleeping.

Offline dwl

• Posting Member
For me, it was more of a mental think for me.  I was continually worried about accidentally pulling them out, etc.   But really, there no big deal.

On the other hand, having them removed is another story.  The literally just pull them out. Its a burning sensation, but goes away after 5 minutes. 

Offline bozo

• Posting Member
Weird and awkward, but for me, they weren't painful being in.  When taking them out, one hurt tremendously, and the other was painless.  But I think the side that had a better job done on it was the painful side.  It was also more painful during the surgery, too.

Offline eyooh

• Bronze Member
I didn't get any drains. Just a bandage and a compression vest.

Offline combatwombat

• Posting Member
Where do the drains go into your body? somwhere between your nipple and armpit?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024