Author Topic: PO Drains  (Read 3620 times)

Offline Bluish

• Posting Member
just had my surgery 2 weeks ago lipo & excision. after the surgery i had a sweeling under my right side they took me to OR to take the drains out. now my left side is pretty good. but my right one still have some drains below my nipple. my doctor said to have a masage with olive oil be4 i sleep and he will see me after 2 weeks. any idea about this drains?

Offline ace007

• Posting Member
I was just wondering.  Does everyone who have the gyn surgery have drains put in?

Offline uk2000

• Why Meeee!!
i had it on my 1st surgery.  they come out the day after.  the surgeries i had after never had drains by that surgeon.
however i think drains r better, it gets Dr. Reid of excess fluild buildup from acummulating in yr chest.  bit painful and annoying but a effective method.
July 04 - Gland removal + liposuction- Adriaan Grobbelaar. Results: Terrible
Feb 05 - Lipo Revision- Alex Karidis.
Nov 05 - Gland + Lipo- Alex Karidis.
Jun 06 - LHS gland + Lipo - Alex Karidis.

Offline flex1appeal

I did not have drains. I am 2 weeks post op and I kinda wish I did have it done that way. Cause now I have fluid in my right side still and and my left side it almost gone and normal. I am seeing my surgeon tomorrow to see if he needs to drain me cause it doesn't seem like it's going away itself. I feel like I still have a boob. LOL

Offline Bluish

• Posting Member
see your doc and tell me what will he say.
i'll see mine next monday. seems to me the drain in right side start to gone by itself. but i still have.

Offline ace007

• Posting Member
To answer my own question from before, drains are not always put in, as i didn't have one in my surgery.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024